Nine

(___)= Name

*

Entering school Monday, I covered my face as I walked passed other students. I reached my locker, pulling my hood over my head more. I could hear the whispers in the hallway around me. I knew majority of my face was still visible, but more than anything I wanted to be invisible. As much as I didn't want to come to school today, there was one person who I couldn't leave. Ethan.

I closed my locker, going to see Tyler. I was glad he was back finally, I felt safer. I knew Ethan would to. Tyler's eyes widened as soon as he saw me.

"Holy shit, (___)! What happened?"

"The three idiots," I responded with a shrug. "Not sure if you know, but they'll be gone for a while."

Tyler gasped, a small smile covering his face. "Really? Ethan told someone?"

"Yeah. What sucks is they only got suspended, not expelled." I shivered, remembering what Sean had said.

Tyler groaned, slamming his locker. A few heads turned our way, but Tyler ignored it. "Seriously? They've done this to him for so long, it's just not right."

I nodded in agreement. "It really is stupid, huh?"

We began walking in silence for a moment. I was getting more nervous with each step towards Ethan. I knew he would freak out over me getting beat up.

"I don't want Ethan to see me." I let out, looking into Tyler's eyes.

He saw my scared expression and formed a straight line with his mouth. I saw the familiar blue hair at a locker, biting my lip nervously. Ethan saw the two of us and waved. I looked down immediately, trying to hide my face.

"Hey," he paused for a moment, clearing his throat. "(___), you okay?"

I nodded, turning around. "Yeah. Come on, we're going to be late for class."

Ethan and Tyler followed closely behind me, the two of them making small talk. I listened closely, making sure that Tyler didn't say anything about what happened to me. I sat down in my desk and put my head down.

I listened to the lecture we were being given. Like usual, I didn't understand angthing. Glancing at Ethan for a moment, I sighed, raising my hand. "May I use the bathroom?"

Mr. Muyskens nodded, still talking to the class. I grabbed my belongings off my desk and walked out of the room. I put everything back in my locker, grabbing my phone and ear buds, then quietly made my way through the hallway before exiting the school.

*

"What are you doing here?" I jumped, pulling my ear buds out quickly. I looked up to see Ethan standing above me with a confused expression. It was confused, until he saw my face, that is. "Oh my god, what happened?"

"Shit." I muttered, throwing my head back.

Ethan gave me a serious look, which meant he really wanted to know. "Just tell me, please."

"It was Mark, Sean, and Felix." I told him.

Ethan gave me a saddened look. I could tell he felt bad that I was hurt. "Is that why you walked out of class?"

"Kind of. I was just really stressed about this all. I didn't want you to get upset over me getting hurt."

"That was nice of you."

We were in silence, the music still blasting from my ear buds. Growing annoyed, I grabbed my phone to pause the music. "Ethan, shouldn't you be at school?"

"Who cares? It's not like it'll make a difference." He said.

Ethan pulled a small notebook out of his pocket, doodling adorable people. So many thoughts filled my mind as we sat in the silence. Ethan seemed to not care at all. He just wanted to be happy all the time.

"As a teen, you're expected to be mature. You're pressured to do everything right, all the time. Yet, you seem to not care about any of that. How come?"

His green eyes met mine, a smile making their way onto his lips. "Guess I can't act my age."

I grinned widely. "If you can't, then maybe I can't either."

I couldn't control my actions. There was nothing but the two of us, my whole body was screaming at me to kiss him. So I did.

*

Yay?¿?