Her Captain, The Dork

Senju Riza sat at her desk, late one night. She cast a bleary eye towards her research with longing. She sighed and slumped back into her chair. As the Doctor for Shanks' crew, it was extremely tiring and busy work. It didn't help that half of the men that passed through her bay weren't even injured. They just wanted her attention. They ended up injured in her care due to the many scalpels and medical grade scissors that she kept on her person.

She has been a doctor for the Red Hair pirate crew for about eight months, now. Riza loved the life of adventure that she had with them. It beat the bland life of the snowy island that she was born on. Her life has been in danger on multiple occasions but they always ended on top.

The rocking of the ship seemed to lull her into a light doze. "Heya, Goldie." A deep tenor greeted, snatching her out of her dreamy state.

"Jesus!" Riza cursed out, jolting up in her chair. Nearly falling out of the chair in the process. Her heart pounding inside her chest as she shook. She didn't have to look up to know who nearly gave her cardiac arrest. Her captain, the infamous Red Hair Shanks. "Fuck off, Shanks." She sighed, tiredly. It was too late for her to deal with her goofball of a captain. Riza let herself sag against her desk.

"Mmmh." The captain hummed. "Your bedside manner is dreadful. Here, I came seeking medical attention." Riza looked up at him, she didn't believe for one second that he was injured. She still looked to humor her captain. He was leaning against the door frame of her office. His arms were crossed over his chest.

He was lean with tanned skin and dark eyes. His mouth was framed by scruff that only made him handsomer in Riza's opinion. Shanks wore a white buttoned shirt with a brown shorts with brown sandals. A bright red sash tied around his waist, holding his sabre. He had wide eyes that reflected mirth and adventure. A dark cloak whipped around his slim form. To complete his trademark look was a straw hat that sat, snugly a top his head. A red band wrapped around the base. The hat was precious to him. Nothing about his appearance screamed dangerous or even pirate but a dangerous pirate he was. He beamed down at her with one of his grins.

"You look fine to me but you won't be if you stay in my medical bay." She growled. She was too tired to deal with his antics, tonight.

"But I did." He insisted, cutely to her. "It hurts right here." Shanks pointed to his cheek, he bent down to her level. Shanks turned his head so she could view the unblemish skin of her captain. "Kiss it better, Riz'?"

Riza peered up at him, trying to solve his game. A slim hand reached up and pinched his cheek, hard. The captain cried out as he pulled away. "Really? You seem just fine, Captain. I'm sure Stormy could give you a kiss if you really needed one." She remarked.

Shanks glowered at the violet haired woman. "But I want you too." He pouted, rubbing his cheek. Riza stood and dusted her clothes. She reached up on the tips of her toes and brushed her lips against his cheek, giving in to his request. Shanks' face heated up and sucked a breath in. Shocked at his doctor.

"Good night, Shanks!" She called over her shoulder as she walked away, heading to the girl's quarters.

"W-wait, Riza!" Shanks called with a stutter, snagging her hand. She halted looking up at her captain, curiously. He pulled his hand back to scratch his red locks in embarrassment. A light blush stained his cheeks. Riza laughed at him. Her captain was such a dork. "Me and Benn are drinking in my office. I came to invite you to join us."

"Sorry, I really shouldn't-"

"Captain's orders, Riz'. Come on!" Shanks said and he didn't give her the chance to protest as he was already dragging her down the hall to his office. His calloused hand holding hers as prisoner.