Forgive and Forget

"Captain." Benn called out to the red haired man who was bent over a desk, studying a map.

"Hm?" He said, distractedly.

"Captain."

Shanks turned to study his first mate and spotted the sleeping Riza attached to his leg. He laughed. "Riza, sweetheart." He cooed, teasingly at his doctor. He walked forward and crouched in front of Benn's leg. He watched as her head rested against her arm and purple locks splayed across her for once peaceful face. Shanks couldn't figure out how she fell asleep in place like that. He ran a hand down her arm and she stirred. Rich golden eyes blinked up at him. "Shanks." She asked, her voice thick with sleep. "Sorry." She yawned. Riza leaned forward a pressed a kiss to his jaw, the closest part she could reach without releasing Benn who was still staring at the two with amusement. Shanks was just thankful the kiss wasn't anywhere lower.

"That's all I needed to hear." Shanks smiled down at her. "Come on, Doc." He held out a hand to her as he rose up to standing in front of his first mate.

Riza grasped his worn and calloused hand, allowing him to pull her up. Benn saw the chance to act and he took it with a curling smirk. Pushing Riza off balance and into Shanks' arms. Shanks who immediately reacted to catch his crew's doctor, glared at his first mate over a mass of purple hair. Riza winced as Shanks brushed her still injured arm.

"Wow, you just can't keep yourself off of any men, can you?" He asked with a fond grin.

"He, sorry. It's an addiction, I suppose." Riza muttered as she straightened and pulled away from Shanks.

"No problem, something tells me it wasn't you." Shanks waved off the second apology off, in favor of scowling at Benn.

Riza frowned at Benn and then at Shanks, not grasping Shanks' subtext. "When will we reach port?" She asked.

"Midday tomorrow." Shanks answered.

"Good, I need proper supplies and equipment for Johnny's surgery. I have numerous tests to run once we reach port.-" Riza said, nodding to herself as Shanks stopped her.

"Wait, Riz'. Why can't you run them here?" Shanks asked.

"Not the proper equipment, I need organs and blood ready for Johnny and scrub nurses. Not to mention, we'll need specialists in their respective fields, not a trauma surgeon with a second specialty in general and had tampered in pedes as a intern." Riza answered, swiftly and a tad bit harsh. She frowned at her red headed captain. "Do you not realize how severe his injuries are? He would have died if I hadn't come when I did."

"What our captain is getting at is why can't we do the surgery here on the Red Dawn." Benn elaborated, he eyed his captain with a troubled gaze.

"Faith Hall General is a place I trust to not turn us in. They're the closet things I have to a real family in this little world. Dysfunctional but family." Riza sighed, understanding Benn's and Shanks' worry. She pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration at herself and her faults. "I cannot do what Johnny needs. I know the procedures he'll need but I haven't preformed them since I was a resident. Plus I don't have the help I need. Okay?"

"Alright." Shanks agreed with a heavy sigh. "What do you need from me."

"I'll go ahead and get Johnny's surgery approved and I'll need some of the crew to bring him to his room at the hospital." Riza requested.

"I'll have Rex and a few others on standby and Benn will escort you."

"I don't-"

"That wasn't a request, Riz'." Shanks cut her off, dark eyes narrowing at the protesting doctor and a frowning Benn.