A Sea of Blood

Riza laid in a bed that was hers, yet not hers. A bed that belonged to Mark but belongkked to her mother and passed down to Riza. She groaned as the curtain was pulled back and sun light flittered through. She hissed, unnaturally and brought a hand up to block the light. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." Mark laughed. The scent of sandalwood shampoo and sharp bite of cologne filled his bedroom. His toned skin glistened with water and small towel wrapped toy arounkd his waist. Any other time, Riza would have enjoyed the view but she wasn't a morning person. No matter how good the night prior was.

Riza growled and threw a pillow at him. "Too early for that shit."

"Wow, you're in a a bad mood and I know I didn't put you in one." Mark chuckled, batting the pillow down. "I think myself as a elevator of happiness, once you go on..."

Riza threw a second pillow at him. She grabbed a sheet and slid out of the bed, wrapping herself up in it. Her muscles pleasantly ached as she moved. She shook her head and made her way to the closet. She found a set of oversized sweat pants and a large sweat shirt, Riza pulled them out to wear for the mean time. "Are we going to talk about why you did that or are you going to pretend that nothing happened."

"I thought you weren't one of those, Mark." Riza remarked, pulling the clothes on her slim form as Mark dried off.

"I'm not, but you are my person." Mark said, looking over to Riza. "You might not consider me your's but you're mine."

Riza looked over," You are mine too." She murmured. "I don't know, I was frustrated."

Mark stared at her. "I know why." Riza looked over at him with a narrowed gaze. "You're in love and you don't know what to do with it."

"What?! I'm not!" Riza retorted, hot anger flashing through her. "How do you even know that I love anyone?"

""You're in love with your captain." Mark answered, simply. Her heart swooped and Riza let out a surprised gasp. "You look at him, the same way that I looked at you."

Riza stared at Mark, her oldest friend. Riza saw the sincerity in his dark eyes and before she knew it, Riza was shaking her head. "No." She mumbled. "No, I'm not. No."

"And you don't know what to do with that because he last man you gave your heart to, broke it." Mark continued on, each word striking a blow against Riza's heart.

Riza stormed out of the room, Mark followed with a bellowing laugh at his friend's expense. She ran down the stairs. "No!" She growled back at Mark and turing to flipped him off for good measure.

Riza stormed down the stairs with Mark laughing at her. A rich scent hit her nose and she followed it to the source of the kitchen.

"Jess!" Riza's eyes flew to the blonde woman baking in the kitchen, an escape. Another survivor of internship with Lavinia. She marched into the kitchen where she almost tripped over herself at the sight of Benn Beckman drinking coffee. "Good morning." She mumbled at him. Riza observed the kitchen. A mess of chocolate? Riza sat down next to Benn and sighed out to no one particular. "I did something really stupid, two things actually." Benn opened his mouth, Riza assumed to ask what.

Mark took that moment to enter in the kitchen and chirped out a happy 'good morning' to all of the kitchen's occupants. "That's one of the stupid things." Riza growled, lowly and took the opportunity to look at her kitchen. Benn did a impressive double take. His eyes flickered between Mark and Riza. "I honestly don't know the better question to ask?" Riza stared at the mass of chocolate cupcakes that littered the island as well as the splatter of batter and icing all over her kitchen. Why the hell was Jess making so many cupcakes? There had to be a couple hundred of them.