7/Anything But Ordinary/

7 /Anything But Ordinary

"Sometimes I get so weird, I even freak myself out, I laugh myself to sleep, it's my lullaby."

+ + + +

"Ellie!" Demi screamed as we both ran off stage "you did amazing!"

I still couldn't believe that all of this happened. I actually didn't mess up. I went through the entire song without tripping or messing up any of the notes, and the fans were even singing along. But I suppose they were doing that for Demi but then again they were screaming my name out after the song. I guess that was just my luck.

"Thanks," I blushed sighing, letting go of all that tenseness I had right as I got off of stage.

"Ellie!" Selena ran to me, giving me a big embrace, me hugging her back "you did amazing!"

"Thanks!" I said once more.

Everyone else from the backstage crew went around congratulating me and soon after, Selena and Demi went off to do their meet and greets. I went back into Demi's dressing room, ready to get out of this doll of a costume. The first thing I did was kick off the platform heels and put on the orange flip flops I was wearing earlier. I go over to the bathroom to the side and wipe away all that caked on make up and take off the fake eyelashes. It felt so good getting all of that fake off.

I came back into the room and rummaged through my bag to find some comfy clothes to change into. Eventually I found a white tank top and yoga pants to. As I was about to go to the bathroom, I pass the makeup mirror, seeing my phone laying there on the edge. I pick it up and bring it with me to the bathroom. I unlocked it to see any notifications. I saw a few texts, from Chelsea asking me how everything was going, the text from Liam I never answered, and my stomach churned when I saw a text from my mother. I opened that one first, scared out of my mind that she had already found out about everything, dropping out, the performance, everything. I read it and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

‘How’s everything going sweetie? It feels like I haven’t heard from you in a while.'

She doesn't know anything... yet. But I just knew it; she was going to find out soon. I replied back.

‘I’m fine. Things are going good.’

I had to lie. I wasn't prepared to tell her anything yet. Actually I wasn't prepared to tell her at all. Maybe she'll just find out on her own. I mean that's the way she found out about a lot of things in my life. I hid so many secrets from her, it was sort of scary, but I didn't care because these were my choices and not hers.

I was on the verge to text back Liam and Chelsea but I heard the door open to the dressing room and Demi and Selena started chatting. I quickly dressed into the selected clothes, put my hair up and got out of the bathroom.

“We have to tell you something epic,” Demi burst out.

“The fans were like going crazy over you!” Selena blurted out “Well mine at least."

“Mine too!” Demi added “they wouldn’t shut up about how amazing you were and how we were the best combo ever.”

“Really?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m totally serious,” Demi replied “I seriously think you might even be a hit.”

“But I’m only singing one song, how is that even going to decide anything?” I asked in confusion.

“I’m not talking about this,” Demi clarified “What if you make singing a career?”

“No, no way, I’m not doing that, no,” I denied, waving my hands up in the air.