8/New Morning/

8/New Morning/

"Not just thinking of the ways that I could have done it wrong, no, I'm getting kinda rich on the side of any soul alive."

+ + + +

Four shows passed, Miami, Birmingham, New Orleans, and St. Louis, and I was on fire. Well that’s what the fans were thinking. I was seriously stalked on every possible social media profile that I had. My twitter followers went from its original one hundred to about two thousand last time I checked. Mare even suggested to everyone that I should have my own meet and greet line since so many people have been asking about me on twitter and asking to meet me. My line for meet and greets wasn’t as long as Demi’s and Selena’s, of course, but I was surprised as to how many fans actually came up to meet me. I found it weird that the fans wanted to know literally everything about me. The most common question was if I was going to make any music soon. I felt a bit honored that they wanted to hear more from me, but I just wasn’t totally sure about the whole singing thing. I didn’t want to make myself the spotlight of everything. I wasn’t that special; my life wasn’t that fascinating. So, why should I write songs about my life? I was crazy and nobody knew about it. I mean I actually was crazy since I had to start wearing long sleeves so no one would notice that I was cutting. I didn’t want people to think I was insane. It’s true, I was; my life sucked and that was that, who cares how I treated myself. I didn’t need to make myself feel special ever. I just simply wasn’t special. Liam seems to think otherwise. I mean it was Liam, he always went against me. Usually, I hated people going against my opinions of myself but I found it sexy when he reminded me how beautiful I was and how amazing my talents were.

We’ve been talking regularly as always. We’ve both been really busy, but we always found even a fraction of time to talk. Demi and Selena continued to make fun of me but, fuck it, I stopped caring and just tuned them out. I surprisingly good at that considering half the time they were doing it to me at the most awkward moments.

Today we were driving into New Jersey for the next show and everyone was on the tour bus being blatantly lazy. I was actually bored out of my mind texting Liam in my bunk.

‘I’m actually jealous, you know? And I’m in the most popular band in the world. This just doesn’t happen.’

I blushed as I read the text. Someone, jealous of my success? That can’t be.

‘Don’t be, I’m not that special.’

‘Why do I have to keep reminding you? Stop putting yourself down because, trust me, you’re the most special person that I have ever met. You know I wish I could dance. If you saw me dance, man you would pee your pants.’

I smiled at his sweet words. It felt like he was always reminding me of how much I put myself down. I mean the only reason that I did it in the first place was because if I kept praising myself, I was just going to end up having something stupid happen to me and then I would look back, wishing I was more stricter about before it happened.

‘Thanks :)’

I put my phone away and decided to see what Demi and Selena were doing in the back of the bus. I walked in, and I could see Demi working at the piano and Selena was, painting? That was new.

“Since when do you paint?” I asked in utter eagerness.

“I guess since forever,” she responded, not looking away, continuing to paint.

“We’ve known each other for three weeks and you didn’t think to tell me?” I asked sarcastically.

“I don’t know, I guess it just slipped my mind,” she shrugged, looking at me for a moment and then turning back to painting.