Final Decision

Hey, every one! I have figured out what I am going to do with this story. Thanks to, DanielTedFulgencio I will be doing a separate book for each of my ideas for those who wish for both. Just be patient, I will be doing the space one first and the one where Percy goes to a different dimension will start off after the previous chapter and go on from there as if the space choice was never chosen. Make sense?

On with the story!

"I honestly think that space would be epic," Apollo said with a wistful glint in his eye.

Hermes rolled his eyes. "He has been like this ever since he saw Star Wars and Star Trek," he said to us.

I grinned evilly. "Which is better?"

Apollo made a distressed look in my direction. "I don't know!" He said desperately. "I love them both!"

I chuckled while Hermes rolled his eyes again.

Hestia cleared her throat. "Apollo, Percy, focus please," she said calmly. "Percy, dear, I think you should go with the space option."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Why? I would assume you would want me to chose the dimensional one because of the distance of the space option."

Mom shook her head. "Both are horrible to think about honestly, if you went with the dimensions then you could be trapped in a different realm with no way back home. And if you went with the space one, then it could be thousands of years until you return. While dimensional travel requires less time to travel, no one really knows how far away they really are."

"Aunt Hestia, you are forgetting hyper space travel," Apollo put in. "You can travel from one side of the galaxy to the other in a matter of minutes."

Hermes rolled his eyes while I looked at him in curiosity. "Do you think that really exists?" I asked a bit of excitement tinting my voice.

Apollo opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by Hermes. "Percy, I think you should listen to Hestia," he said, "Her decisions normally turn out alright in the end."

I looked at my mom, taking in her hopeful gaze. She looked at me with her brow scrunched in concern and her hands wringing together in nervousness. I knew she probably chose this one to ensure I could get back home. The book didn't really explain very well how to get back from another dimension, though I suppose you could just go back to where the gate was. In the next second, I made my decision.

I nodded. "Very well," I said. "Outer Space it is."

🔥 🔥 🔥

The next day, at the rest stop in northern Utah, where absolutely no one was, my mother, Hermes, Apollo and I were all getting ready to appeal to the gatekeeper, Sadmep.

We chose this spot because in this small strip of land from the border of Idaho to a small town I don't know the name of, there is absolutely nothing there. Not even a decent rest stop. I lied when I said it was a rest stop. All it was was a small dirt path that led off the road and came to a dead end big enough for a car to drive through. I pity any one who's car breaks down right here.

Apparently there was a ceremony you could do in place of impressing the gatekeeper. It was a simple ceremony and it was done more often than the other way. I could see why, all you needed to do is to say a chant of sorts and swear on your blade to do no evil in the other worlds.