Pomeacus

Previously:
Despair grinned maliciously out the still open doors of the throne room, still showing the city of Olympus in ruins for the second time since the Second Titan war. "Earth is ours for the taking," he growled triumphantly.

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

"We are coming with you," Izzy said cheerfully.

My ears twitched, something that could be taken as one of two ways. Annoyance and amusement.

"Izzy's idea, I am just following," Pax said, refusing to look like he cared.

"Well, I want to help," Jake put in, "maybe I can figure out an antidote."

Definitely amusement.

"You three are a strange group," I said, echoing my first words to them.

"Bye man, I hope you succeed in your mission!" Pax shouted as I walked toward the silver bus that awaited me.

"Don't you dare lose hope, you will find her!" Izzy yelled, waving wildly.

"Stop it you two, you're embarrassing me," Jake scolded as he ran to catch up to me. "My lord," he mockingly bowed as he offered something in his hand.

I sighed long sufferingly. "Jake, you know I don't like that," I scolded. Once we had reached the town of Yorkish and I figured out how to communicate with the infected so they could calm down. The mayor of the town then heard my name and immediately started treating me like royalty. No amount of protesting could deter him. Jake and Pax all saw my discomfort and have been teasing me ever since.

I regret calling myself 'Fire Lord' now.

"Of course, my lord," Jake said in a faux snobbish tone as I accepted what he was handing me.

It was a coin. But not anything like the coins I have seen here or on Earth. It was gold on one side and silver on the other. The gold side had my mother's symbol and the silver had my father's. It was old and tarnished and you could barely make out the symbols on each side.

"One of the coins from the museum," Jake confirmed my suspicions. "I convinced them to give me one."

I smiled gratefully. "Thank you," I said, gripping one of the last coins and momento from the god's time on this planet. In one of my more slow days, I visited the museum in the town and saw that they had a section dedicated to the 'myths' that were the gods. I spent several hours in there, studying what they knew about them.

"Good bye, my lord," Pax called, "safe travels and good luck!"

I rolled my eyes from underneath my hood as I climbed up onto the bus.

"Toll, it is good to see you!" I said. "How is life old friend?"

"Not bad, my lord," Toll said in a teasing tone. He obviously heard my exchange with Pax and Izzy. From the looks on the other familiar passenger's faces, they heard as well.

"Don't you start," I groaned, dropping into the seat behind Toll. "It's bad enough everyone else does it."

Toll laughed, launching the bus into the air and driving off into space.

I stared at the other passengers from the safety of my hood, smirking at their not so subtle glances towards me. Three of them dressed similarity. The girl had a silver jacket but the standard jeans and T-shirt was all there. She had a little bit more of a punk look ad the saytr didn't bother disguising himself. The fourth passenger was also familiar. The only difference was I could seen him clearly without the use of my sight. His golden ninja clothes stood out in the silver bus.