Leaving Them Behind

Everyone was too shocked to do anything. That is until Zeus started to begin his whole speech about interrupting a meeting of the gods. Fortunately, I noticed this and decided to step forward.

I walked forward until I knew I had everyone's attention, which happened to be when I got to the middle of the room. Bowing, I said, "Welcome, great Sadmep, what brings you to this not so humble meeting place?"

Sadmep was dressed in full armor, down to the helm with a dark blue plume. She carried a large broad sword on her back, it almost looked too big for her. Her long blonde hair poked out from underneath her helm, shining in all the light that came in through the huge windows.

"You, young Perseus," Sadmep said, her voice not losing its magical and echoey tone. "Your courage today and through out your life has impressed me to grant you passage off world."

I bowed again, something that must have shocked most of the gods since before now, I would not bow at all to the gods. "Thank you, Keeper Sadmep," I said respectfully. "When would you like to go?"

Sadmep raised a hand. "Call me Sadmep, Percy," I could see the laughing twinkle in her eyes as she said this. "We do not leave as of yet; say your good byes."

I nodded in gratitude as she turned to walk out of the room. I then turned back to the gods, who were staring at me. So I waited fro them to snap out of it. After a while, I started to grow increasingly uncomfortable with all the attention. The only ones who had snapped out of it was my mother, Hermes and Apollo.

Finally, I could not stand it anymore. "What?" I snapped my fingers in front of their faces. "Is there something on my face?"

Apollo burst out laughing and Hermes soon joined him. My mother chuckled as she shook her head, probably at my awesomeness.

When the gods broke out of their funk, Dad came up to me. "Son, are you really leaving?" he asked, tears forming in his eyes.

I nodded, looking him in the eye. "I am not getting any better staying here," I told him, looking at the rest of the gods to make sure they understood. "I am working myself to death, I have not had a break since I left camp. I have been living a half life."

My dad turned to my mom, probably to silently ask if it were true. She must have nodded or something because in the next second, I felt his arms around me again. I wasn't looking, I was still looking at the rest of the gods.

Suddenly, Zeus winced, put his hand to his head and gasped. "Guys, she's at it again," he announced. He took a deep breath. "It's a doodsey."

"Again?" Artemis asked, not really surprised. "What is this? The fourth time this week?"

Zeus nodded, rubbing his temples.

"What is it?" I asked, looking from Zeus to Artemis in confusion.

Silence.

Either they didn't want to tell me or they were afraid to. "What?"

"Thalia," Artemis supplied.

She didn't need to say anymore than that. I could figure out what was happening. "She's cursing me isn't she?" I asked.

Zeus nodded. "You and me for some reason," he confirmed.

Hera rolled her eyes. "You stopped her search for Percy," she told him.

Zeus looked confused. "But Percy is right here," he pointed to me.

I stared at the king of the gods, unable to believe what I was hearing.

"Percy," Hermes said, bringing everyone back on topic. "I would like to give you my blessing before you leave."