Finally!

Previously:
Then suddenly it hit me. "Free the one for which you care, her essence found at home," I said as I realized what my mother was hinting at. I thought about the map she sent me and it became a lot more clear.

"Home, the Mediterranean-Greece," I finished wide eyed first at my mother then Elpis. "We need to go to Greece."

"Not just Greece," Hestia pointed out.

I nodded in agreement and swallowed painfully. "Mount Olympus," I said in awe. "We're going to Mount Olympus- the original one."

"Indeed," Hestia nodded.

On our boat ride through the Atlantic to the Mediterranean, I couldn't help but spend every available time I had with Perseus. I found every excuse I could to either help him or just hang out with him. He's leaning against the railing, staring into the sea? I went to stand by him. Meal times? I made sure we sat as close as possible.

Of course this made way for a roller coaster of feelings and emotions. If he so much as looked at me, I smiled like a ninnie. If he smiled at me, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Any brushes of his fingers on my skin left me tingling for hours. It was torture.

The moment I laid eyes on him, I felt something connecting us. I first thought it was because he was the descendant of one of my best friends but then the feeling never went away, even after his coronation. Then I heard him whisper something that day at the dining table when he received the box from his mother. Something that caused a...knowing in my heart and soul. I knew. I knew we were made for each other. And yes, I know that sounds cheesy.

The more time I spent with him, the more my feelings for him grew. I know he felt it too, he just didn't know what it was. I could tell from the way he looked confused after the lingering look he gave me back at headquarters. It had been so long since his heart break that he doesn't know how it feels to be in love. Or it is the fact that it is a different love. He was lured into the 'love filled' relationship with Despair's spy. He had no idea of the true feelings of love he was receiving. That was one of the reasons. The other reason is that he's just plain daft.

He helped me onto the boat as we were leaving and of course I felt the sparks. I know he felt it as well because he jumped, pulling his hand away with an amused smile.

"You shocked me," he said accusingly in a joking manner.

"What?" I had asked, confused for a second. I thought he'd felt the sparks between us.

"Static electricity," he clarified with a laugh before going off to help Isla up onto the boat.

Then I understood. He thought the sparks that indicated we were soulmates was the result of static. I stood there for quite a few minutes, shocked that Perseus could be so dense.

Piper, daughter fo Aphrodite, came up next to me, laughing. "Brainless, isn't he?" She commented. "He hasn't changed one bit, despite the fact that he says it's been centuries for him."

"What?" I asked, hoping to all my ancestors I am not so obviously.

"Perseus," Piper said, looking at me with an amused smile. "Don't worry, you weren't as obvious as you think. What kind of daughter of Aphrodite would I be if I couldn't see soul mates right in front of me?"