Chapter 2: An... Unexpected Hurricane

The images (for those who they work for) are of what Percy and Natasha look like right now, I've done my best to age them down so that they can bond better and have more time to grow that bond. They aren't exactly what I picture them looking like so please use both the photos and descriptions to get the most accurate view of them.

Italics are thoughts.

The aquarium, which until that point seemed easy to navigate, had suddenly turned into a labyrinth (ha ha). The halls twisted and turned leading to dead ends, it felt like the building itself was fighting to keep Percy from the woman he was supposed to help.

Percy had always tried to help people, it was in his nature. It didn't matter if they were children, adults or animals, Percy would do everything he could for them. He had lost track of how many times he had gotten in trouble for bringing home stray animals or for being sent to the principles office for fighting bullies. There had even been a time when he was nearly kidnapped after he had tried to help a strange old man, his mother had been especially upset over the last one.

Putting these thoughts from his mind he literally stumbled over his classmates. He fell with a smaller boy while crashing into others on their way down. The other boy landed on top of him with an "Umph!" knocking the air from Percy's lungs. The boy quickly recovered and was soon struggling back to his feet, but not before accidently shoving his elbow into Percy's stomach, driving the air from him once more. The boy glared at Percy, trying to look intimidating, however with his brown hair sticking everywhere and his short stature he looked more like an angry Keebler Elf (I don't own).

Mentally laughing at the disgruntled boy Percy smiled sheepishly, doing his best to look innocent, even as his new teacher stormed over. The woman looked old, not as old as evil office lady, but old. She wore a pink cardigan and a plum skirt that made her look like a walking tent. With a quick glance at the teacher the boy who had fallen shot Percy a devious look and started to contort his face into a mask of pain and sorrow. By the time the elderly woman reached the group, the brown haired boy had tears running down his face and was loudly bawling. When the teacher was close enough he ran to her, crying and saying "The new kid pushed me! Why would he hurt me, does he hate me?!"

Percy was baffled, he had barely done anything to the boy and he already seemed to hate him! Deciding that the best course of action would be confronting the boy and the teacher Percy walked up to the two, but before he got within five feet of them the teacher spat out that he had better stay away or else! Percy was stupefied for the second time that day, two people (he wouldn't count the bratty child) had openly hated for no reason!

Percy was quite intelligent and logical, but he was still a child and unbridled hatred against him hurt. Doubt swirled through his mind as dark thoughts started to creep in. Was it the school or... was it him? Did he do something wrong? Was that why he kept getting kicked outed of schools and why no one would believe him? Was he actually a bad kid?

Natasha's POV

F***, Stein's cronies had landed a lucky shot. The bullet had hit her thigh, tunneling in through one side and out the other. It was a terrible place to take a hit, the bullet had torn through muscle slowing her down and while it hadn't hit any major veins or her bones, she was still losing a lot of blood. Looking around, trying to find cover the woman spotted a large blue building in front of her and almost laughed in relief. The building looks large, it'll be perfect place to lose these idiots following me. Natasha thought as she made her way to the back door and easily picked the lock. With a quick glance behind her she realized the men who were following her had seen her and were making their way through the garbage covered back alley, struggling to capture their prey. Without another glance she went through the door and locked it behind her. She knew it wouldn't keep the men long but even a second could be life saving.