Chapter 13: The Begining

Percy's POV

The girl quickly led me from the infirmary and through a maze of strange buildings. There was a large Greek styled pavilion with an assortment of uniquely colored tables, stables that seemed to hold birds and horses. There was also what looked to be a training arena and then twelve large cabins arranged in a horseshoe shape.

As we reached a large, light blue farm house I finally caught up with the girl. I gently grabbed her arm, trying not to startle her, but she still snapped around to look at me. I quickly let go of her, not wanting to get on her bad side. Before she could say anything or start walking again I said, "Sorry, I just wanted to know your name."

In a neutral voice she said, "Annabeth" and turned on her heel, continuing on to the large blue house. Once again I followed after her.

When we got to the door she knocked and a kind voice came from inside, instructing us to enter. Without a second thought Annabeth walked into the house and had me follow her to living room, where two men were playing some sort of board game. One had hair dark enough to rival my own and purple eyes that seemed to hold a hint of madness. He wore a leopard print shirt and blue jeans and looked to be around thirty. The other man looked older, maybe forty, and had shoulder length brown hair and matching eyes. He was in a wheelchair but looked oddly muscular. He had a blue button up shirt and a blanket covering his legs.

Annabeth walked up to the two, she bowed slightly the darker haired man and addressed him as Mr. D, he just waved her off and went back to studying the game he was playing. She turned to the man in the wheel chair and nodded her head, yet despite her actions showing more respect for Mr. D than the other man, her demeanor betrayed her true feelings. It was quite obvious she would follow the older man without a second thought, even if it was against Mr. D.

She started to talk to both men, but Mr. D evidently wasn't listening, she began, "Chiron this is camper you asked me to bring. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

With a kind smile the man, Chiron, told her she could leave.

He then turned to me and said, "What do you know about the Greek Gods."

---------

That one line was Percy's true beginning into the world of mythology. He explained away his power when fighting the minotaur as pure adrenaline and some self defense classes. He went on his first quest that summer. Zeus's Master bolt had been stolen and he believed that Percy was Poseidon's son, rather than his grandson and that he was the thief. He had given him only until the summer solstice to find and return it to Olympus, or else risk the start of World War 3. Percy had traveled with Annabeth and Grover, both of whom he had befriended during his brief stay at camp. They had traveled to the underworld, believing that Hades had stolen the bolt and to retrieve Natasha. It was revealed that she had not died, but rather she had held in stasis and teleported to the underworld, having been mistaken for Percy's mother.

Percy had succeeded in his quest and returned to camp a hero, but his happiness was tainted with worry for his mother, who still hadn't returned, and by a lingering doubt about who had been the original thief. When Luke had been revealed as the traitor, it had almost been a relief, knowing who the traitor was. It had also helped that when Percy had been unconscious his mother had been returned and was chewing out the gods who had given her son a hard time. It turns out she was a pretty influential and powerful person, being one of the few demigods who actually survived to have a family of their own just cemented her power.

However Percy still felt a little bit off, he kept having to hid the fact that he was Polygender and he hadn't been able to find a private place to change into his female form since he had arrived at camp. It was the longest he'd ever stayed in one form and it was honestly stifling. His discomfort wasn't helped by his supposed intelligence level either.