Chapter 11:

Third Person POV

It had been three days since they'd left Sleipnir and Norway. That had been forced to cut their trip short because they could no longer fly. The skies had been continuously getting darker and stormier for the past few weeks. At first they had thought it was just irregular weather, but Percy and Natasha had seen strange figures among the clouds, leading them to believe the storms were more super than natural.

Because air travel was no longer an option, especially for Percy, they had decided to go via boat. Percy was enjoying the voyage far more than the first one. Natasha had been entirely unsuccessful in restraining, or even slowing down, the young ADHD quadrigod while on the boat. That was another thing that had changed, they had discovered Percy was no longer truly a quadrigod, they honestly had no idea what she should be defined as. So they had just decided to keep it as quadrigod until they could talk to Sally and Poseidon.

When they had left Sleipnir it was on good terms, he had agreed to visit them when he could. It was actually easy for him to do, he was the fastest horse being in existence,or so he claimed, but he had mumbled about someone winning "that one time". He had hugged Percy and shook Natasha's hand before waving them off at the pier and shifting back into his eight legged horse form, disappearing.

Their trip was supposed to take seven days but with Percy being a child of the sea, their speed went beyond what it should have been. Speaking of Percy, she had stayed in her female form since she had shown Sleipnir, stating that she had spent too much time as a boy lately. She could almost always be seen running around their private boat talking to various fish and sea life. So far they had met twelve pods of dolphins, a herd of whales, an uncountable number of fish schools and one giant squid, named Jeff. Even Natasha had liked him, although she couldn't directly talk to him. But he had to leave saying he had a school and a lake to get back too. (^-^)

Eventually after three days of constant movement, Percy's seemingly unending supply of energy faded away, only leaving her the option of going to her cabin to sleep and giving Natasha some much needed peace.

Percy's POV

I was really enjoying this trip. Flying had been torturous, but sailing was beyond fun. I loved talking to all of the sea creatures and the sheer amount of energy I had from being surrounded by the ocean made it so I hadn't needed to sleep in three days. Sadly my energy had finally run out and I really needed a nap. So I waved goodnight to Natasha, who looked relieved and took one last look at the clear starry sky, before going below deck to my cabin. I pushed on the door and entered my room, not even bothering to see what it looked like, as I literally fell onto my bed, letting sleep claim me.

At first it was just normal sleep, dark, peaceful, etc, but the quiet was interrupted by an ancient voice.

"Interesting... I haven't had a" It said before cutting out. "Wow.... New... Oh! tha.. fun I can't wai... Fateless! Oh... I'll.... h..p.. Soon young ..god.. I'll.... month." With that short and very confusing message the voice left, leaving me trapped in my sleep held body, trying to find the speaker.

As soon as I wrenched control of my body from the grip of sleep, I bolted upright scanning for the source of the voice. I didn't see anyone or anything in my room, but I knew from experience that things are not always as they appear. So I stalked around my room and the surrounding area, searching for threats under the boat's artificial lights. Yet after searching for a good hour, even employing the help of Natasha, we still couldn't find anything. Reluctantly we had to give up our search when we spotted the shadowed outline of the New York skyline, glowing under the uncertain light of dawn.

I went and started to ready the ship for docking, while Nat went down to her cabin and doubled checked our identification and ownership papers. I walked along the perimeter of the deck, still on edge from the voice, tightening ropes, ensuring the doors were locked and making sure any lose objects were tied down or put away. When I was done I went and sat down on one of the two deck chairs I had left out, and waited for my sister.