02

Joanne pov

"Jasp, you can't be serious." My phone was held between my shoulder and ,y ear as I juggled to coffees and two breakfasts. My friend, Jasper, is trying to convince me to go this club or something. I got to my car and placed everything neatly so it wouldn't tip over and cause a mess.

"Come on! It will be fun. Trust me. You can just observe. You don't have to participate in any of it. Just come and see if you like it." Jasper was trying to reason. She never reasoned unless she was desperate. Taking a deep sigh I thought. It wouldn't hurt for me to just watch. What bad could it do? I turned the ignition and did the worst thing I could do. Comply with her.

"Fine, Jasper I'll go. I get out of work at 7 today. So pick me up at 8." I didn't give her a chance to respond as I hung up on her. Work is calling. I pulled for my parking space and made my way to Mr. Diovani.

I walked into his office to find him angrily speaking with someone and the phone and trying to tie his tie. The tie didn't seem to be working out, nor did the conversation. This man can be such a child sometimes. I walked up to him placing the food down except for his coffee. I grabbed his tie and traded him for his tie. He did so gratefully and took an angry sip of his coffee while I situated his tie. Abruptly he shouted through the Bluetooth piece causing me to jump. His eyes came down to mine and guilt flashed through them. I just flattened out his tie and grabbed his suit to put over his shoulder. We did so and I buttoned his first button and smoothed out the front. Mr. Diovani hung up and threw his earpiece onto his seat. His large hand ran over his face as a deep sigh passes his lips.

"Rough morning?" I ask handing him his croissant breakfast sandwich. He just chuckled shaking his head.

"You could say that, but you saved it Ms. Banks." I gave a small smile and turned towards my breakfast and coffee. I caught a glance at the time: 9:15. Ten more minutes until Mr. Grey arrived. I don't have time to eat. Grumbling under my breath I threw my food away and turned towards Mr. Diovani.

"We should go greet Mr. Grey, sir." I said with coffee in hand and note taking supplies. Mr. Diovani glared at the trash can where I threw my food. I glanced at it and then back at him. "Sir-"

"Stay and eat." He gave me his food and put his coffee down. "I will greet Mr. Grey alone. You will stay here and eat. When you're finished meet us in the main conference room." He didn't give me a first thought. He was already walking out of his office by the time I processed his words. I didn't have a choice. Hell, he didn't even give me one. Well, that's what dear old Mr. Diovani thinks. I placed the sandwich on the desk and walked out of the office.

When I walked out Mr. Diovani and Mr. Grey were greeting each other while walking back to the conference room. When the office door closed behind me, Mr. Diovani shot his gaze up to me in confusion. An irritated expression flashed over his face. I want one but scared at the moment, he wouldn't raise his voice at me in front of his partners. I smiled kindly but he kept his hard gaze.

"Ms. Banks," I averted my gaze to Mr. Grey and I smiled wider. When he stood in front of me he shook my hand firmly and I did the same. "It's refreshing to see you after so many months. Mr. Diovani can't seem to stop-"

"Let's just get to the meeting," his eyes were hard and aimed at me. I gave him a small glance but allowed a small smile to show through. "Shall we?" I nodded and walked to the front to lead the men. I felt his hard heated gaze on me the whole time. When we entered the conference room he sat stiffly next to me. He didn't even look like he wanted to be there.

~~~

Things have been tense all day today. Mr. Diovani avoids me at all costs. I don't know why though. I hadn't done anything wrong. Anxiety ate at my insides as I sat at my desk. My fingers drummed and my heart hammered. I glanced over and saw him yelling through a phone with dangerous eyes. Did I cause this? Guilt filtered through me like a title wave. I sulked in my seat and watched as he threw the phone to a wall. That's the fifth phone in the past two months.