12

Joanne pov

"Good night princess." I hear Alesso say to Lynette. Seconds later, he comes running a hand through his hair. His eyes meet mine and he smiles. In three strides he holds his hand out to me.

I glance up at him hesitantly and raise an eyebrow. Alesso keeps his hand there with a soft smile. I give in and let my hand fall into his. He pulls me up, and the force bring me into his chest. My hand lands on his chest and the one he's holding between us. His other hand on my back.

I look up at him and he gazes down at me. That emotion is there again and my stomach twists. My heart hammers against my rib cage and I can feel my cheeks grow hot.

"Come out with me." Is all he says. Is he insane?! I give him that expression exactly.

"What about Lynette?" I question, but I don't have a chance to take another breathe before he answers.

"We can get a babysitter." Okay, now I know he's lost his mind. I pull away from him and walk away a little bit.

"We're in Punta Cana, Alessandro! We can't just leave a stranger with Lynette." I try to reason with him, but he just chuckles.

"Jo, I've been friends with the owner of this hotel since high school. We met at an internship. His daughter is sixteen, and I trust her with Lynette." He Just has answer to everything. I glance around and find the time. It's 10:00pm.

"Your friend's daughter is either in bed or out having fun." I explains and he just chuckles shaking his head.

"Texted her and asked if she could watch Lynette tonight and she said yes." You've got to be kidding me. "She will be here in thirty minutes." The nerve of this man.

"So you just assumed that I'd say yes to going out with you?" I make it seem like I'm angry, when in reality I'm actually kind of flattered. Alesso's excitement suddenly deflates. He runs his hand through his hair and clears his throat.

"Alright, I can text her and say to not worry about it then." Slowly he turns and begins to walk off. Alesso went from being a big burly man, to a little kid in 0.2 seconds. Guilt courses through me and I sigh. I walk up behind him and grab his phone. I slip it into my back pocket and attempt to wrap my arms around his neck. He's just to tall for that, so I go for his waist.

"Should I change?" I ask, referring to the dress code of wherever we're going. Alesso turned around, with the excitement pooling back into him. His eyes go over me and he bites his lip.

"You look amazing in anything, but if you feel this is suitable for a Punta Cana beach club party, then no." I look down at myself and scrunch my nose up. When I look back up, Alesso was chuckling at my expression.

"I will change, just give me a minute." I say quickly and rush off to our shared bedroom. I go through my clothes and eventually find a rose gold fitting dress. It has spaghetti straps and an exposed back. I slip it on and find some plain black heels. I pulled my hair up into a cute messy bun. I fix up my makeup here and there. Finally, I finish and walk back out. Alesso is sitting on the couch, and he hears the door open. His head whips around and he looks back at me. His eyes widen and his eyes dilate a bit. Something I noticed happens whenever he looks at me.

He says something harshly under his breath, gulping hard. Alesso stumbles to his feet and walks over to me. Like a predator to his prey. I stand my ground, no matter how bad my mind is screaming at me for run back into the bedroom. He now stands in front of me, his jaw ticking aggressively. His breath hits me hard and his eyes stay on me.

I look down and notice his hands reaching forward for my hips. My breathing hitches at the thought of them gripping me and hoisting me up so my legs can wrap around his waist. Alesso stops and clenches his fists. I look up at him and he's tilting his head to the side. He's giving everything to resist his temptation, and I don't think tonight is going to be in his favor. Before I can say anything to him, there's a knock at the door. Alesso groans and lets his head fall on my shoulder. He mumbles something under his breath and walks over to the door. He opens it to reveal a beautiful tanned girl. She has blond hair and a small frame. Her blue eyes sparkle and her smile is big and welcoming.