05

Joanne pov

It's been a week. An agonizingly tense week. Alesso gazed at me all the time. I can feel it. It's like a fire sensation crawling up my neck. We barely talk, only when needed. Whenever we touch, it's like the world stops. Everything goes in slow motion. It's torturous.

Now, I sit here in the office, with his hot gaze penetrating my soul. My leg bouncing and lip captured by my teeth. I wish we would talk, but I know we would talk about things I don't want to talk about. Or even do things I don't want to do.

"Joanne." My body became rigid as my name slipped past his lips. I gripped my pen tightly and screwed my eyes shut. He hasn't called me to his desk all week. Dropping my pen, I stand from my desk and over to his. Do I dare look him in the eye? You have before, why would this time be any different. I bit my lip and gazed up at him.

"Yessir?" I gasped out with my fingers fiddling behind my back. Alesso leaned back in his chair. His eyes had bags, hair was disheveled, and suit and tie was wrinkled. It looks like he's been through hell this week.

"I'm going on a business trip to Puerto Rico in three days. You're to come with me. We will leave early in the morning. Be packed by them. There will be some down time, so pack a swimsuit and relaxing clothes. Understand?" He seemed to be out of breath from the simple sentence. I frown. He probably hasn't eaten enough or slept.

"Yessir, I do." As I finished my agreement, I walked forward and grabbed his phone.

"Jo-"

"Do you want this company crumbling Alessandro?" My words were shot out slightly harsh and I felt even more guilty.

"No, but-"

"No buts. I'm calling Nic to come pick you up. Get your stuff together. We're leaving work early." I don't know where all of this came from, but I feel that Alesso deserves a day of relaxation. Nic picked up the phone and I told him to bring the car around. Alesso was all packed up, so it was my turn to do so.

"Joanne, go home-"

"No. Let's get out there, Nic is waiting." I stood by the office door, waiting for Alesso to follow me. He stood there for a few more seconds with a hesitant gaze. Eventually, he caved and followed suit after me. We both walked through the floor lobby to the elevator. Things were tense. So tense a butchers knife would break in attempt to cut through.

Nic awaited us by the car. His hands held in front and sunglasses covering his eyes. Alesso greeted with a nod and he did the same. Nic opened the car door and Alesso slid in. As I placed my foot on the interior of the car, Nic's brow rose.

"Coming along with us, Ms. Banks?" I gave a warm smile and nodded.

"Someone has to make sure the big boss stays sane." Nic nodded in agreement and allowed me to slide in further. He closed the door leaving Alesso and I alone momentarily.

"You're really going to take me home-"

"For your health. You don't look good. If you keep up with this you could end up with the flu." I explained myself quickly. Before his mind could build up a dark curiosity. The car ride was decently short, thankfully. Alesso and I filed out of the car and into his rather large home.

The moment we stepped in the door, I took his things and his suit jacket.

"Up stairs now. Take a shower and when you get out dinner will be ready-"

"Jo-

"Now, Alesso." He grumbled a few things under his breath, but did as he was told. When I heard his bedroom door close, I stripped my suit jacket off and heels. My feet lead me to the kitchen with all the things I need.

I grabbed all of my ingredients and began my magic making. Cooking has always been a secret hobby of mine. No one really thinks I cook, but in all honesty, I cook daily. For Mr. Alesso, I'm going to make an eggplant parmesan. It's one of my favorite, and weirdly, easiest meal to cook.

As I was putting the meal into the oven, Alesso came down the stairs in a shirt and sweatpants. His hair was tossed around and wat from his shower. He looks better already, and he only took a shower.

"Joanne, go home-"

"You know I'm stubborn Alesso. Tonight I'm going to cook food and make sure you relax and get some sleep. Then I'll go home." He just crossed his arm and leaned against the counter. His eyes held slight irritation, but he mostly just looked tired. Alesso didn't respond, he just gazed at me. "Where's your wine at?" I needed to break the silence with something. Alesso nodded and turned to walk the other way. I went ahead and followed him through a new part of his home. We made it to a large wine cellar filled with hundreds of wines.

"Red or white?" I smiled looking all around.

"Red please." Alesso lead me to the back where the reds were stored. I looked over all of them and found one that caught my attention.

Merlot.

I picked it up and examined it. Perfect. "Do you have a vaporizer for the wine?" Alesso quirked a smile and walked over to a supply cabinet. He grabbed an expensive looking vile type thing. He handed it to me and I smiled. "Thank you. Dinner should be ready soon, but until then we have a bottle to baby for a while." Alesso nodded in agreement and followed me back out towards the kitchen.

~

We sat and ate our food together holding conversation. It was light, but it filled in for the awkwardness. Everything was perfect, and I couldn't be happier sitting with Alesso.

"Jo, we need to talk." This better not be going where I think it is.

"We are talking, Alesso." His jaw ticked and he sent a hard gaze towards me.

"You know what I mean. It's pushing for a month since you've been at the club. We haven't talked about it once." I rose to my feet about to pick up my things. Everything was fine. "Sit down!" His voice was back to where it was that night. Dominating and authoritative. My mind screamed for me to say no, but my body fell back into the chair. "At the lunch, you spaced out. What exactly were you thinking about?" No, he can't know. It'll only add to his power over me.

I just sat there glaring down at my empty plate. He's not going to get anything out of me. Not even my middle name. Wait, he already knows that. That's beside the point, he's not getting anything out of me. I'm not going to allow him to have that power over me.

"Joanne please. I know there's something between us. I just want to know what's going through your head." Nothing that you need to know of mister. I stood from my seat and walked into the kitchen. I stood in front of the sink as I felt his presence behind me. Ignoring his powerful presence, I put the things in the sink. "Talk-"

"I was thinking about us, okay?! Are you happy?!" I was facing him now. Anxiety pricked at my skin as Alesso gazed into my eyes. "I thought of you fücking me, alright?! Now will you just leave it alone?!" I was angry. Alesso had pushed me. He pushed me to my breaking point.

"I'm sorry-"

"Bullshït!" He knew what I had thought about. He knew what I craved. He just wanted me to admit it to him.

"Joanne, I didn't mean to hurt you by asking." His hands wrapped around my forearms and he pulled me into a hug. "Just let me prove to you, that I'm not that bad. Let me show you that I can take things slow. I know what you saw at the club was intimidating, but I'm not always like that. Please, give me a chance." I gazed at him. Examined how his emotions showed on his face. He wasn't lying, but could I trust him.

Emotions whirled in my mind as I debated his words. What else do I have to lose? If things get too far, I'll stop. That is, if he's serious about "not always being like that." I sighed and looked down. This is too much for me. I feel like I'm drowning in my own thoughts. This could be good for me though. Jasper is right, I need to explore my sexual side.

"Okay."

~~~~

I feel like I've abandoned you guys! I'm so sorry! Things have been so busy and I had writers block. Anyway, here it is! Hopefully I'll update by Saturday or Thursday.