Chapter 7

Y/n P.O.V.

We were now in the kitchen. I was sitting in between Carlos and Jay. Mal read the last thing we needed for the spell. I need to know why the spell has to be a cookie though. "Ok it says we need a tear of human sadness and I never cry so..." she said. "Let's cut up some onions." said Carlos. "Ugh. No! It Says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." said Mal. "A tears a tear." said Jay. "Not true Jay." I said with a smirk. "What do you mean?" he asked. Evie started "They both have antibodies and enzymes but....-" she looked at me to finish. "but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." I finished smiling. "Why do I know that?" I asked disgusted. Everyone laughed. "Listen to you two." said Mal. We smiled. "I knew that" said Jay. "No you didn't." said Carlos laughing. "Yeah I did." he said.

Then some girl came in the kitchen, apparently she'd been looking for Mal. "There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair!" so this is the other girl Mal changed her hair. Lonnie, was it? "Midnight snack, huh?" she looked in the bowl. "What'cha guys making?" she asked. She then dipped her finger in the bowl. "Oh no no no no no! Wait!" we all yelled. She looked at us funny, "What? I'm not gonna double dip." she said. "Feel anything?" asked Evie. "Yeah like it might be missing something?" asked Mal. Jay went up to her and attempted to flirt. "Hey there." She gave him a tight smile. "Could use someone chips." she said while shrugging. "Chips?" asked Jay. We all sighed. "...and those are?" asked Mal. "Chocolate ships." I looked towards Carlos and smirked. "There's chocolate~" I said in a singing voice. He laughed. We looked back towards Lonnie and Mal. "...Wait, didn't your mom's ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk," I looked down and sighed. My mother doesn't love me. "and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." she stopped talking when she saw us looked all sad. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" she asked. "It's just different where we're from." said Mal. "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought..." there was a pause. I felt a tear fall down my cheek. Carlos noticed and put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I put my head on his shoulder and he put his on my head. "...Even villains love their kids." she said. She saw how sad we all looked and got the message. "Oh... How awful." I guess she was crying because I saw Mal swipe something off her face and put it in the bowl. "Yeah well big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by." said Mal while pushing Lonnie out the kitchen. "Really, really have a good night." said Mal. "I'll see you tomorrow." said Lonnie. "Evil dreams~" Mal told her. "Good night." she said towards everyone. "See you tomorrow!" she told her. Mal closed the door. "Ok, boys cookie sheet, girls oven." Mal ordered us. Before we continued Carlos grabbed my hand. I turned around blushing a light shade of pink, "You ok?" he asked me. "U-um yeah." I said with a weak smile. "Alright." he said calmly with a smile. I went over with Evie and Mal, Evie nudged me. "Don't ask." I said with a giggle. They rolled their eyes playfully.

*Timeskip to the next day*

Carlos and I were sitting down talking. "Guys." I said. They looked at me. "What?" asked Evie. "Mal's giving Ben the cookie!" I told them. They turned the heads to look at them. Ben was eating the cookie. "Plan is working so far..." I said. "Common." said Carlos holding my hand leading me. I'm pretty sure I was blushing. We walked towards them. Jay went up behind him asking him. "How you feeling, bro?" I stifled a giggle. Carlos judged my shoulder playfully still holding my hand. He noticed and let go rubbing the back of his neck. "I feel... I feel... I feel like.... Like singing your name!" he said, we all looked at each other. "Mal! M-" his voice was muffled by Mals' hand. Jay looked at the cookie in the bag and whistled. "Guys! The game is about to begin, you need to get ready." I told Jay Carlos and Ben. "Fuck, right let's go guys." "Carlos curses?" asked Mal surprised. "I know right?" I said. "I told him he should do it more." I continued. He blushed while everyone laughed. "Ok seriously though you guys have to go!" I said. "We'll see you there." said Evie. "Yeah, we need to go change." I told them. "Ok see you guys at the game."

*Timeskip to when you get to the dorms*

"What am I gonna wear!?" I asked freaking out. Mal and Evie smirked. "What?" I asked them. "Trying to look nice for Carlos?" asked Mal. I blushed. "U-um no!" I stuttered. "Don't worry y/n, I sewed you a dress." "Evie you are a life savior!" I said. She laughed and went to her closet to get the dress bringing out:

 She laughed and went to her closet to get the dress bringing out:

I gasped. "Evie! How do you make these?!" I asked her. She laughed. "Oh my god, seriously. This is amazing! You are the best!" I told her. She giggled. "Go get changed. Don't wanna have Carlos waiting." she smirked. I blushed, "Shut up." I said with a fake glare. The girls laughed. I went into the bathroom and changed. Once I changed I put on a black jacket with a rose on the back (like the other VKs) and red converse. I went out the bathroom and waited for the rest of the girls to finish putting on make up and their shoes. "Hey guys...." I said. Evie and Mal faced me, they looked concerned. "What's up?" said Mal. "I think I might confess to Carlos at the end of the game..." I told them. I felt confident, I had to do it. Their eyes went wide. "I KNEW YOU LIKED HIM!" yelled Mal. "MY SHIP!!!" yelled Evie. I blushed. "Well yes. Should I do it?" I asked them. "Yes!" "Of course." they told me. "Ok, imma do it." Evie squealed and Mal said, "That's good, let's head out then."

When we got to their field we looked for a spot to sit. Many of the seats were already taken. We saw Lonnie waving at us telling us to go and stand with her. We went up the bleachers and stood next to her. She game began around 5 minutes later. I saw Chad enter the game with Jay and Carlos sitting on the bench. I then saw the coach tell one of the players to switch with Jay. As soon as Jay got the stick (whatever its called), he stood up and pulled Carlos up with him. Jay told the coach something and Carlos sat down quickly again. A few seconds later Carlos and Jay were both playing. "Carlos is gonna play!" I yelled smiling and shaking Evie by the shoulder. The 3 girls smirked. I simply laughed while scratching then back of my neck. I put my attention back to the game. "He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the isle of the lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield." I glared at the announcer. "Bitch, excuse me? Who the fuck you think you are?" I asked. The girls laughed. "Break!" the team yelled. The guys played. I didn't know much of what was happening bit it was fun to watch. I saw Carlos block one of the players, it was easy to know was since his Jersey had the number '101'. That's kinda fucked to be honest. The announcer spoke. "Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face." I giggled. While Evie nudged me. "Shhhh." I said giggling again. A bunch of stuff was happening and it was getting intense. In the end, our team won. The girls were all squealing including me. We saw Ben walk over to the announcer and take the microphone from him. "Excuse me. Excuse me? Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say." I swear if what's about to happen is was I think it is. Then that'd so cute! Ben searched for Mal in the crowd once his eyes laid on her he spoke again. "Give me an 'M'!" he said. "M!" everyone yelled. Oh yeah, its happening. I looked at Evie and we smirked. "Give me an 'A'!" he continued. "A!" everyone yelled again. "Give me an 'L'!" he finished. "L!" everyone yelled for the third time. Once Mal knew what it spelled she knew what was happening and her eyes went wide. "What does that spell?" asked Ben. "Mal!" we screamed. "Come on, I can't hear you!" said Ben. "Mal!" we yelled again. "I love you Mal, Did I mention that?" he said looking at her. "Give me a beat!" he said towards their band. You could hear Doug in the crowd yell. "Uno, Dos, Tres, Cuatro!" I laughed. And before we knew it Ben started to sign with all the football players dancing with him.