Chapter 19

Warnings: Bit of blood

     ~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     I already had my suspicions on who it'd be before we came here, and when the warm glow of Vikk's torch washes over Preston, my thoughts are confirmed.

     "Puurrrrrston!" Jerome exclaims.

     He's in a defensive stance, his eyes squinted and his head tilted towards his chest, his arms raised in front of his face. Probably protecting himself from... Whatever it was that turned us to stone.

"Benja, you wanna do the honours?" Vikk inquires, attaching the torch to a nearby pillar.
"Why not." I smile, approaching Preston's paralyzed form.

I press my fingers on his smooth stone forearm, stepping back as a white light bursts fourth from his chest. I'd expected it, since Jerome and the others already told me about the light and how to revive someone and stuff, but that doesn't make the light any less burning to my eyes. I shield my eyes from the brightness, listening as I head small thuds on the ground, the stone around Preston's form shattering. Then, with a large tump, the remainder of the stone around Preston falls away.

Preston stays in the same position for a couple seconds, arms still raised in front of his face. If it weren't for the slight glow and movement of his lava like skin, you'd think he's still frozen in time. But then, his charcoal black eyes blink, and his arms lower as he gazes at me with a puzzled expression.

"Mitch?" He cranes his neck to see everyone else behind me, "Lachlan, Vikk, Jerome, Ro- where's Rob?"
"We haven't found or revived him yet." Lachlan pipes up.
"Revived? Wait a sec..." He continues, "Why the fudge are you all standing here, when we're supposed to be like, dead?"
"Get comfortable, Preston." Jerome chimes in, stepping forward. "This'll take a minute to explain."

~~~

"Sooo.... Basically, your telling me that it's been one thousand years, Herobrine is back, so now we have to go find and revive Rob, then beat Herobrine again?"

The four of us nod.

"Fudge yeah! I get to kick that sandstormers butt twice!" Preston rejoices, a cocky smile upon his face.
"Well... That's not quite the reaction I expected... But your not wrong." Vikk chuckles.
     "Do you remember you powers?" Lachlan inquires.
     "Mm... No."
     "Try lashing out your arms, sometimes that works." Jerome suggests.

     Preston nods, a confident expression and a set jaw showing as he backs up. His skin glows brighter, and as his arms lash out, a spout of swirling fire shoots out, just barley missing us. Preston looks at his hands in amazement.

     "Woah, my power is epic!"
     Vikk nods thoughtfully. "True, but you're gonna have to be careful. Fire isn't exactly the best defensive power, things will just pass right through it."
     Preston scoffs, "And yours is?"
     "I can literally create a wall of stone around me." Vikk replies flatly.
     "Point taken."
     "Okay, enough banter. Let's figure out your ability." Lachlan interrupts, before the two can continue.

      But then I hear something. The others don't catch it, they're too busy trying to figure out Preston's ability. But I hear it. A wispy, unnatural noise, like passing wind. Coming from just outside the wall. I gasp, within a span of three seconds realizing what the noise is... Because there's only one mob in the history of Acrion with a call like that.