Chapter 28

Warnings: None

~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

     Pain. That's what I wake up to. But not in the way I expect. I expected searing I'm-going-to-rip-my-hair-out pain, but instead I get just a soreness like I had done a full body workout. The next thing that kicks in is my hearing. I can hear hushed voices, and the faint calls of mobs in the distance. The air smells very earthy, and as my eyes flutter open, the first thing I notice is that I'm lying on a bed inside a dirt shack. A torch sits in the middle of the room, casting enough light to illuminate the entire thing in a warm, flickering glow. Around the torch are four figures, and a fifth is shielded from view by blankets in a bed opposite to mine. The moment I see the mop of brown hair peeking out, and the small se ik of blue fabric, I quickly determine the figure in the other bed to be Rob. Some sort of wet fabric seems to be sprawled over his forehead.

Around the torch, Jerome is leaning up against a nearby wall, sleeping. I can tell this due to the steady rise and fall of his chest, and the light snores. Mitch, Vikk, and Preston are all gathered around the torch, whispering to one another. Preston still has his cloak on, with the hood up, and I can only tell it's him because of the warm glow his skin is casting under the wispy fabric. Quietly, I shed the covers off of me, and wince as every muscle in my body screams in protest as I sit up straight. My shuffling is barley audible, but apparently Mitch hears it, because he's immediately perking up, eyes locking onto me. Vikk and Preston's eyes quickly follow. I hold gazes with the three of them for a moment, first looking at Mitch, then Preston, and stopping at Vikk, none of us speaking a word. Then all at once wide, relived grins are breaking out on their faces, and they're jump in to their feet.

"LACHLAN!" They shout happily, startling Jerome awake in the process.

Vikk launches forwards, crashing into me and nearly squeezing me to death. Preston and Mitch leap into the embrace soon after, and after Jerome pieces together what's going on, he's joining in too with a toothy grin.

"You're alive!" Vikk blubbers, still gripping me tightly, wiping away the few happy tears that had spilt.
"You really think I'd let that jag kill me so easily?" I joke, Vikk laughing along with the other three. "But..." I continue, a look of confusion spreading across my face. "How exactly did I survive?"
"Rob saved you." Preston explains, looking over to Rob on the bed, fast asleep. "And I had to carry him out here in a snow biome. Which, for the record, I could have died by doing. I swear he's a lot heavier than he looks."
"Rob used pretty much all of his energy to heal you." Mitch pitches in, seeing that Preston had only confused me more.
"Oh."
"He'll be fine though, he just needs to sleep and get his energy back." Jerome assures, subtlety directing the reply at Preston. Cuz Poofless.

We all turn to look at the peacefully resting Flob, breathing deeply and evenly. I'm so grateful he saved my life... I'll have to thank him when he wakes up. But right now... I'm just really tired... I think, yawning. The others seems to be thinking the same thing, and without another word, Vikk, Preston, Jerome, Mitch, and myself prepare to sleep. Vikk curls up in a corner, using his cloak like a blanket. Mitch and Jerome lay side by side against the wall, Jerome sitting with his legs stretched out and Mitch with his knees hugged of his chest. Preston takes the section of wall beside Rob, using the foot of his bed to support his head as he promptly falls asleep. As for myself, I silently squirm back under my covering, relishing in the warmth they provide. Guilt stabs me for a moment, when I realize I had the luxury of a bed while Jerome, Mitch, Preston, and Vikk have to sleep on the floor... But it doesn't last long because sleep soon takes over my mind, and the world goes black.

~~~

     ~3rd P.O.V.~

     Six lights fill the otherwise pitch black bedrock chamber, casting glows of light over the walls, floor, ceiling, and figure with his eyes closed, deep in concentration. Beads of sweat roll down his forehead and furrowed brows as he mumbles untranslatable words under his breath. His hands move in specific patterns, and the moment one moves incorrectly, he'll have to restart the process for the fourteenth time. But finally, he seals the spell, and his eyes snap open, his hand swiping through the air. A black ring appears around each of the clouds of shimmering light, one Orange, one Green, one Brown, one Blue, one Black, and one White. Slowly but surely, the columns of light start to take shape, and morph into life. The black ring around each one sinks into the lights, finishing off the process with a noise sinilar to the roar of an Enderdragon.

     Herobrine, though exhausted, grins widely as six figures fall to the ground in their respective colours. And then within thirty seconds, features and details have appeared on the artificial beings, accompanied by a symbol under each of their right eyes. The symbol, and the fact that the tint of their entire bodies is slightly darker, is the only factor that sets apart the six.

     "Awaken." Herobrine commands, watching proudly as the six figures sit up, and their eyes slowly open.

     They look around confused, unsure as to where they are, and how they got there. After a few seconds, the six lock their eyes on Herobrine, standing before them.

     "Who are you?" The one with the White light asks, tilting its head.
     "My name is Herobrine. I created you, I am your master."

     The six continue to stare at him, processing the information. Then the one that was an Orange light pipes up.

     "Why did you create us?"
     Herobrine smiles deviously, "I have a special task for you Six. But first... I need to run a quick test."

     Herobrine snaps his fingers, and instantly the bedrock chamber is filled with close to one hundred mobs. The six, now standing, turn to face the mobs, their expressions unreadable. The mobs, mainly zombies, target the six and lumber forward, preparing to attack. Herobrine can barley hold back his fit of maniacal laughter as he watches shadow balls, light arrows, earth spikes, geysers, fire pillars, and nature related things tear through the mobs. Paired with exact fighting styles and strategies used by the Pack, for Herobrine, it's just all too perfect.

~~~

Question of the chapter:

That's right folks, the 'dork' versions are here 😈 Obviously, the Pack are going to beat themselves. Anyone wanna guess how?

My answer: 🤐