Chapter 21

Warnings: None

~Herobrines P.O.V.~

"You are telling me, that not a single one of them perished?!"
"Forgive me, master. The one by the name of Preston was wounded permanently on his side, and the wither nearly killed off Jerome."
"I know that! Do you take me for a fool?! The problem is they are still alive!"

I slam my fist down upon the arm of my throne, fuming. The wither skeleton jumps back, its bones rattling as it shivers in fear. Rubbing my temples, I decide that it is time for me to use my last resort to stop them. I notice that, after every challenge they manage to prevail through, my plans and schemes are becoming more and more desperate. And although I won't not admit it, at least not out loud, something deep in my gut hints that fear may be creeping in. They had defeated me once, and surely if they get through this next challenge, they will do it again. And something tells me if that's the case... I won't be so lucky getting away this time.

No. I interrupt myself. I am Herobrine. I do not fear mere mortals. I can levels entire cities with a snap of my finger. These fools can try all they want, but I've gotten stronger, more skilled. They will fail this time... And then finally Acrion will be mine. I smile evilly. They don't know what they're up against this time.

"Send an Enderman to stalk them. But tell it to stay far away, Mitchell has heightened senses and he will find the Enderman of it strays too close. Its sole purpose is to notify me the moment they revive Rob, and nothing else."
"Yes, Master." The skeleton obeys, bowing low.
"I have one last trick up my sleeve. If it does not work..." I continue, standing from my throne of bones.

"I WilL diSPosE Of thEm mySELf."

~~~

~Vikk's P.O.V.~

I roll my eyes and sigh. Mitch and Jerome are still bickering in some sort of cheeky love hate way, on how Jerome stupidly jumped in front of Mitch, even if it did save him, almost got himself killed. They've been doing it for the past fifteen minutes, and I think my ears are bleeding. Jerome had woken up only a few hours after we got him a healing potion, which was a relief. But that was two days ago, and after Mitch kinds got out of his rattled state, well... That's then the debating begun.

"This is some of the finest banter, eh Vikk?" Lachlan chuckles, walking beside me.
I roll my eyes again, "Sure, 'finest'."

Somewhere in the background Preston is rambling on about how epic he was, turning into a bat and kicking the withers butt. Lachlan and I listened at first, but now he's pretty much just talking to himself. We wouldn't know that of course, since he's leading us through a taiga biome, apparently towards the Lost Woods, and as a result to Rob. While we were waiting around for Jerome to wake up, we explained everything to Preston that we didn't have a chance to before the wither attacked us. Once he learned we were in the Great Desert, he confidently declared he could lead us to the Lost Woods from there. Apparently, when he was still young, himself and Rob used to visit it at least once a week. Yet he claims that, even to this day, they still haven't managed to find the centre of the mysterious forest. Which is cool and all... But it doesn't make it sound any easier. Even the prophecy said Rob would be the hardest to find.

     "So Preston." I cut in to his speech on the wither fight. "How do you know which way to go to find the Lost Woods from the Great Desert? I'm curious."
     "That's easy dude." Preston proclaims,

     And then he goes on this being long explanation, involving the position of the sun and and weird stuff like that. Somewhere in there though, I do catch something about us being one day away. I don't think I'll ever understand him... I think, smiling inwardly, and shaking my head. I glance over my shoulder to see Mitch and Jerome have stopped bickering, which is good. My ears can finally rest.

     "Question." Lachlan states, tapping Preston on the shoulder, who falls back a few paces.
     "Shoot."
     "Do you know if there's any way to actually tell how to get through to the middle of the Lost Woods? Like I know you haven't found it yet, but from what I understand, you and Rob have been able to get at least a decent amount in."

     Preston bites his lip, looking at the sky.

     "Uhhhhh... I don't think so?" Preston states, obviously unsure of his answer.
"C'mon you have to have noticed something in all the years you've been exploring the Lost Woods." Jerome prods.
"And you think I can just bring the memory up at the drop off a hat?" 
     "It's not like you can't." Jerome shrugs teasingly.
     Preston glowers at him. "I'm going to stab you with a rusty spoon man." Preston actually said that once XD

     Lachlan, Mitch, and I chuckle, looking at Jerome's slightly frightened expression.

     "Yo Preston can you like turn into a bat or something and see if we're close yet?
     "On it."

     The four of us watch as Preston body begins to bed and twist, until he's nothing more than a tiny lava-bat on the ground. I'm not sure why but I always find it so cool how Preston can do that, because my brain just can't quite wrap around the idea. Yesterday he demonstrated one of every single mob, expect the Wither and Enderdragon. We also found out that if he stays in mob form for more than an hour he passes out. It uh... Gave us a bit of a scare when that happened. Luckily he's fine.

     His little bat wings lift himself up, and over the canopy. He flies around in a few crooked circles, before diving back down and morphing back to normal.

     "We must have like... power walked or something because the Lost Woods..." He pauses for affect. "Is just over that hill." He points to a small hill, not thirty blocks away.

~~~

Question of the chapter:

I really don't think anyone's gonna guess it but... What do you guys think Herobrine is gonna do?

My answer: Hint, there's two different things. The first is required to accomplish the second. Double hint... Random Pack Drawings #___