Chapter Five

The two couple came into the room. A boy is lying on the crisp white bed, and the woman went to his side. 

"Oh Adam," She pushed back his front hair from his forehead and kissed. "You're okay."

Her husband stood at her side and held her hand. He looks at the heart monitor, and it shows that their son is in a good state. 

The boy's eyes flutter open and his brown eyes look into his mother's eyes. "Mommy.." He said, his voice soft and croaked. 

"Yes, dear." Her insides bubbling with joy. 

"Where am I? And why do you look like you're going to cry?" She realizes this and the tears came pouring out. She kissed him and hugged him, laughing as she looks at her son's bewildered face. 

The man beside her chuckled. "You're so  worried, Sarah." 

"Whatever, Rizwan."

She showed her tongue childishly and Adam giggles. Sarah stood up, but her hand is still caressing her son's face. "You're in the hospital." 

Adam's eyes went wide. "Hospital? Cool!" Rizwan smiled. 

It was a silence of relief. Sarah just pushes stray locks from the boy's face and Rizwan takes out a lollipop. He unwraps it and gives it to Adam, before taking another one from himself. 

Suddenly, something flashed into Adam's mind. His eyes are filled with excitement. "Since kindergarten is burnt, does that mean I don't have to go to school anymore?"

Sarah furrows her eyebrows while Rizwan laughs.