Chapter 10

I woke up and strings were everywhere. My body was on strings. From head to toe. Master sued them on my body and I have never been more proud of my outward appearance than on this day. And I knew this day was special. Leo and I ate together on the table. Pancakes but there was also rice and soup and everything my heart could ever wish for. "Today is special, right master? Today you are up to something right?" I asked and Leo smiled. "I'm going to show you the world. They will look at you and they will be amazed because of you. They will bow in front of you. They will worship you. Today is the day were you and I will be the new gods in this world. And because of that... I want you to stop calling me master. I want you to call my name. Because we're together. There is no you without me. There is now me without you. And as the world found out, we're going to be respected. Hurt, lost people like we are... We will let those happy faces kneel down in front of us." I smiled. His words made me happy. He knew me. He was someone who was awkward around people. Someone no one really liked. Just because he was different. We were different and that was the reason we were together. We were meant to be.

"Breath, my masterpiece, breath." He said and I breathed in the sweet but chemical smell. I closed my eyes and smiled. "You are the only one I love Taekwoon... never forget... that..." "you too Hakyeon. Just trust me. I love you too...." That was the end. I blacked out.

As I opened my eyes again, I hug in an empty street between two flat houses. A big cross and there where strings on it. And I was hanging on those strings. "Master?" I whispered and tried my best to see at least something because I was still a bit dizzy.

I don't remember how long I was hanging there. Probably for days. But I kept calling him. I kept hoping that he would come every moment and get me to drive home.

The strings couldn't hold me that long so at one point, my skin ripped and I fell on the ground. It hurt. I felt it, the pain. I felt that heartbreaking pain and I could only think of going to him. I only wanted to see him. He wouldn't leave me alone just like that. He loved me.

I walked along the pathway of the empty street. A few lamps were spending a bit light and my feet hurt because it was cold and they were already hurt because the skin there just ripped.

I walked pass a store which had all kind of TVs to look at. And there he was. Master... Leo... Taekwoon... I listened closely.

The serial killer Jung Taekwoon that was caught recently, is now receiving his punishment.

Taekwoon was sitting on a chair and he was handcuffed to it. He looked directly into the camera. Into my eyes.

I'm sorry Hakyeonee. We'll meet again in another life I hope... I love you.

His last words hit me. They were going through my heart, head, body and soul and then they.. They killed him. And I started to run. I ran away from the TV and I ran on the street and I found the place soon enough. I found the small lake.

I tied sandbags on my legs. And I entered the lake. The water got deeper and at some point, my body was fully under water. I just kept walking. And I could see the light, I felt his touch, I felt his love and I didn't stop. Even though my lungs started to fill themselves with water, I didn't feel any pain.

I felt like I was doing the right thing.

I felt relived as he took my hand and lead me to this special place.

No one will ever understand why I did all those things. Why I fell in love with him...

But that's not important as long as I know. And believe me, I will never forget that. Never.