Senior Year

"Sana get up. Its morning," I heard the warm and Inviting word from daddy followed by few sounds of curtain moving. He draped off the thick maroon cover of the window causing some sun shines on me. I jerked and stretched my whole thin body still lazying around before I feel him kissing me on my temple. "I'm off to hospital now. Just here to remind you that you'll be late at thirty My Princess," he said. He was a doctor and its a norm for them to be off so early. I'm just a student who's house is few blocks away from the university so its also a norm that I'll be always late.

I just hum yea and common 'five more minutes' to him with my eyes still closed. I heard him sigh before making his way out my room. Too lazy to do everything.

The sound of my alarm jerks me out of my sleep. The 'five more minutes' were gone. If I didnt stop being a bummer, I'll be late for good. First day In disciplinary is not that great. I rub my eyes, half-dead and slam the off button. I decided it's best I get up before Mina, my bestfriend cousin decides to scold me some more in school for being late. Yanking the charger out of my phone, I notice in the notification the banner of "Senior Day" it's another academic year I'm about to do.

I hastily walk down the kitchen and see breakfast is already prepared. I walk directly on the fridge so I can quench some thirst I got last night. Gurgling some cold water, I spit out on the sink and puts some cream on my toothbrush. After brushing, I intently looked at the rolled omelet and other sausages. I put some on my mouth even the mint of my toothpaste still working. I spit them out. It doesn't taste that appealing so I just decided to go shower first.

After the completion of my morning rituals, I slipped a pair of normal jeans, and v cut tees not making so much effort with fashion. I tied up my hair and took my flats at the shoe rack beside before I hump on my car and strech on my neck burning up some gasses. Although University is just near, the stride inside the subdivision didn't come helpful so I still needed my car.

I parked on the southern before taking my things and locking up my car. I did my usual sauntered down on my locker and feel those eyes from the batch of old and new students boring on me. Its not like, I'm not used getting attention duh. I don't mind them eye-fucking me thinking good or bad about me. I don't care. It's the first day of my Senior year, and I know that I'm already well known as a slut and take the chance to wear the title proudly. Whether what good or bad things I do, they always come and judge me like they're saints and I'm the only sinner doing the whole shebang!

It pactically started after the day the Junior time was over. At that Prom night that I literally cascaded shadows on the pretty girls' insecurities, labelling me temperamental prima donna. Its not my fault being so pretty that night that boys swoons over me and other girls envy me after getting the crown of Prom Queen. Pretty much of a short story on how I gained the tittle Slut. Really, idle minded studs everywhere.

I decided to collect the few letters and flowers that effortly left on my locker and gets my books to my first subject. Heading on my room, I spotted a bin and throw the letters in there everything. Just to show that I don't have time entertaining their fantasies. The cheerleading team came into my view and plastered fakest from the fakest smile on me. Almost four of them.

"Hi Sana!" Minji greeted although I find it disgusting to be smiling back with them, I pulled off some confident smile.

"Hi there everyone,"

"How's the prom Queen vacation? More like a Prom Slut?" The leader of the four that I barely know the name mocked me. They all gave me a laugh that didn't sound pleasing to me.

"Ask your boyfriend," I smartly replied and hear the bystanders and other students laugh at my witty remarks. It makes the leader Infuriated. Before even the war starts, We heard few claps of hand and all our attention fall into specific midget that is newly sophomore assigned in the student council. She's not that midget since I'm just few centimetre long from her she had boyish cut of her hair almost 80's fashion but not here to loom on Chaeyoung's fashion tho.

"I will appreciate it sunbaes if you won't made dramatic entrance of this academic year so back off," she bravely shooed everyone away. I rolled my eyes and just walk down the corridor.

First subject up to third, I honestly can say I didn't find it entertaining. Hopping into my car, I drive down to the diner a couple blocks away I put Ariana Grande songs on the stereo and relax.

I pushed the door to be welcomed by nose pleasing smell of espresso coffee and few pastries. I smiled ear to ear when I spotted my cousin at the counter waving at Me. "Minatozaki!" She called. I walked down on her.

"Give me 'Sana order'." I winked at her. Being a patron of her mini business, I already created my own order here. Just blueberry muffins and cranberry smoothies. She puts the order on my usual place and also sit opposite to my me.

"Howdy!" She excitedly greeted.

"If you're to ask about the first day, its boring." I speak in advance.

"You're always bored." She tsk-ed me and found my disappointment amusing.

"Your shift is coming. Take that apron off before you're mark as late," I said. She is Myoui Mina, a girl of my same level but differ from me, she's known for being a Teacher's pet. What would you expect to the smartest woman in the university? I am somehow wondering are we really cousin? Why I don't have the sporty, ballerina, smart-ass and other positive attitude she had? We often got compared into a yin and yang duh. I won't blame them as much as I won't make effort recognizing their criticism. I love my cousin with all the heart and they're all not worth even slight of my opinion.

"I will ditch the first day," I almost spit out my chewed food in her reply. Did I just said smartest woman In university? I take it back now. She smiled in my surprised look. "Yah. School is boring. You know it well Sana." She added. I am now completely taking back all the positive thoughts I've given earlier.

"Where did you take my cousin?" I asked that she just replied with gummy smile. I know she's aware of what I'm talking about.

"We go different schedule now. Ill be alone. I dont have other friends. I refused to befriend everyone in the school, I refused to turn mean like they were. I only have a few acquittance's who knew their place," she said and It made me realize on how dependent she sounded. I chucked on my tongue and bats on my lips.

"You sounds helpless." I said. "By the way, week start is still irregular classes. You still have time basking," I added. Another costumer came and she went asking for order while I'm here left devouring sweet delights that I grew on liking as I plugged on my earphones enjoying both worlds. Mina made this mini shop last year but the people come to like  all her treats causing the business to grow in just matter of a year. She is just almost same age as me yet she already made some sense of her life while here I am being left as the girl who didn't even know what course to take in upcoming college life.

When Jun.K's music was on, I decided to just skip it. I took my phone and choose the music app before I hear a slight sound and I look up from my phone, my eyes adjusting to the new sight that is again, Mina. I pull my headphones out of my ear and I pay attention to her.

"Do you need more blueberry muffins?" She asked and I just realized that I was done with the food. I shakes my head and handed her my card that she gradually refused. "That's for free Love. Just update me with news on the school,"

"Tell that to newspaper club. They knew all the things around the premises even when part of the week did the canteen issues more veggies." I joked.

"Touche," She smiled at me and take all the dishes. "By the way, take care of your drive back to University," we bid goodbyes before I headed back on my Car.

I'm still not in the best mood coming back to University but I think I need to. Driving off from Mina's shop, I went down the vacant balcony for some peace and tranquility. Its kind of peaceful to look at the freshman year playing PE at the ground while you're all sorrounded with books. The only noise you're hearing is the student jock from the University radio saying hi's and hellos and how's the vacation blah blah blah.

"We all have the whole year of fun learning and adventures! I'm Sophomore DJ Little Beast and here's the song for you. Have a great day ahead!" The she-DJ then played Girl's Day song 'Let's Go.' I just jammed on the song and hum the lyrics before the bell rang signalling another schedule starts. Sigh.