Without Anxiety

Whoops this is super long again oh well... It has a very important message so it has to be long.

Everyone always says anxiety is such a terrible thing to have to deal with. It's a mental disease or illness that can be fixed with the proper medication.

That... may be true. No one wants Anxiety around. Anxiety is something horrible that can ruin someone's life. If and only if it gets too extreme.

What people fail to see is that anxiety if it is small and innocent is actually a good thing. A good example of this is with a boy named Thomas Sanders and his multiple sides.

Because Thomas wouldn't be Thomas without his anxiety.

And all the sides of him were about to learn that lesson... in a very hard way...

-&-

"Do you really think you should be asking him on a date?" Anxiety asked Thomas as he loomed over his phone.

"Just do it Thomas, of course he'll say yes, you two will have a great time." Prince tried to convince him.

"You don't know that he likes you back. Besides he's one of your close friends. If you call and he rejects you, it could ruin everything." Anxiety pointed out. "Do you really want to take that chance?"

"Mmmmmnope!" Thomas let out a breath dropping his phone on the coffee table. "I'm not ready for that, I'll just stay in tonight and get a pizza." He then walked away back to his bedroom.

"What the hell?" Prince glared at Anxiety. "Why'd you do that? He would have been so happy?"

"Not if he ruined things like I said he could. Besides he said he wasn't ready." Anxiety defended.

"Or it would have gone well, and he'd actually be happy!" Prince raised his voice standing from the couch. "Can't you just let that happen for once?!"

Anxiety looked over to prince blinking in surprise that he did actually seem genuinely angry. "I'm just doing my job..." He grumbled acting like he usually did.

"Well would you mind not? The only person ever ruining things in Thomas' life is you!" Prince crossed his arms.

Anxiety felt slightly hurt by that. Did prince seriously think that Anxiety was trying to ruin Thomas? Did he seriously think he didn't care about the person who literally created him? He stood from his seat to moving in front of him. "Listen Princey, you obviously don't understand anything about me, so just back off." He threatened sternly and then shrunk back into Thomas' mind.

He was trying to stay strong but he couldn't help but feel his shoulders drop as he fell back onto his bed. His face twisted to one of slight panic as he felt his body start to shake.

Do I really only ruin Thomas' life..?

-&-

"I'm not seriously the only one who can be thinking this..." Anxiety stopped short in the hall toward the lounge as he heard the other sides talking. "Anxiety is preventing Thomas from being happy."

"Logically speaking, he does seem to be the only personality posing any significant obstacle to Thomas' joy." Logic agreed.

"I mean Thomas has put a lot of his dreams and aspirations off because of him..." Morality spoke next.

Anxiety turned around quickly not wanting to hear anymore. He got to his room closing the door violently behind him. He gasped slightly for air and buried his fingers into his hair as he felt himself fall back onto the wall.