Someone to fall back on

Yay time for a Lyric fanfic cause I was inspired by the song. I am still working on that Logicality request I promise, it's just taking me a while.
Song: someone to fall back on by Jason Robert Brown.
Yes Thomas did sing this on his twitter, it just fits prinxiety so well.

I'll never be
A knight in armor
With a sword in hand,
Or a Kamikaze fighter;
Don't count on me
To storm the barricades
And take a stand,
Or hold my ground;
You'll never see
Any scars or wounds-

Anxiety was sitting in the mostly dark space of his room. He was on the floor by his bed with his knees pulled close to him.

He had been thinking lately. About a lot of things and most of them all trailed back to Prince. He didn't exactly know why...

Through the long time that he had known Prince he'd always noticed... something. Sure in the beginning all they ever did was fight and Anxiety found him to be astronomically annoying, but there was always some sort of feeling. And it grew as Anxiety got to know Prince more. By watching the little things he'd do, or catch the small things he'd say that would carry a deeper meaning. He felt like now he knew Prince on a deeper level. And, although he'd never admit it, he grew to respect him, like him even.

Like him...
what did that exactly mean?

That's what Anxiety was confused about.

Besides even if he did like him in... that way; would he even be worth Prince's attention. I mean he wasn't exactly a grade A person. At least not in his mind. He wasn't brave or daring he wouldn't make extreme sacrifices in most situations. He wasn't self confident or positive and wouldn't stand up against people most of the time. What was he? What worth did he have?

No, he was afraid. That was a good word to describe himself. He was weak, too scared of rejection or being hurt to do anything. He may say he doesn't care and that he'll fight the man, but it's all just an act. He says he doesn't want things because he couldn't care less about them, when in all honesty, he's just afraid of losing them. That's who and what he was. Pathetic...

Pathetic and hurt. But you'd never know how much Anxiety struggled within himself. There were no outer wounds or scars. Only pain he fought with deep down inside. Pain he tried to, but never could overcome. The pain that somehow ended up ruling him.

I don't walk on coals,
I won't walk on water:
I am no prince,
I am no saint,
I am not anyone's wildest dream,
But I will stand behind
And be someone to fall back on.

Anxiety told himself he wasn't meant for anything magnificent. After all he couldn't even seem to achieve little things, so what would ever make him think he could succeed at a larger scale. He admitted that he knew he wasn't the greatest person. He was less of a protagonist and more of a villain the way he saw it.

And he couldn't ever understand why anyone at all would want him, in any context. He wasn't anything special.

There was a knock at his door breaking him away from his self-deprecating thoughts.

"Greetings... It's Roman." A voice came from the other side.

He sounded... off to Anxiety.