I was an island

The video made by 1988 Andy. Also I apologize I didn't realize how feelzy this was till I preread it and was like "okay damn Hannah." Don't worry too much I'll try not to break your hearts. This was requested by JessTheEddsworldFan

-&-

I was an island
Before you came along
Put your boat in my sand
Your hand in my hand
Your heart in my songs

Virgil sat curled on top of his bed. His room was dark, and he just stayed there feeling miserable. More miserable than he had ever felt before. So miserable he didn't even think he could cry anymore.

Why you might ask? Well the answer is quite plain and simple...

Roman.

Virgil felt a bittersweet smile tug at his lips at the name as a memory popped into his mind.

/flashback/

"Princey I still don't understand something here." Virgil stated as he sat across from said man on a picnic blanket. "Why'd you ask me to come out here?"

"Why?" Roman asked raising a brow. "Okay wow I didn't think I'd have to explain myself..." he cleared his throat. "I guess I just thought it was about time to ask you out on a date."

Virgil widened his eyes slightly feeling a slight warmth in his cheeks. "D-Date?"

"Well yeah..." Prince felt himself blushing to now. "I was under the impression you already knew that. I mean I flirt with you all the time."

"You do?" Virgil asked almost choking on air.

Roman looked at him like he was crazy. "Of course. Jesus, I've had a crush on you for like ever."

Virgil didn't know how to respond for a few seconds. He then suddenly frowned looking away. "Why..?"

Roman looked over to him in surprise. "Why what?"

"Why do you have a crush on me?" Virgil asked still not meeting the others eyes. "I'm just the weird angsty loner..."

"Why..." Roman stared at the other before moving the picnic basket from between them, and scooting closer. He took Virgil's hand and leaned against him lightly. He smiled contently. "Because you're you..."

/end flashback/

Virgil buried his face in his knees as the once happy memory took on a sour taste.

I was a fighter
And I was so brave
But I lowered my sword
When you held me and swore
You'd stay, stay, stay oh

Prince too sat in his room, flipping through some photos he had. He froze when a picture of him and Virgil fluttered out from the pages. He took the laminated memory in his hands and stared at it remembering when he'd taken it.

/flashback/

"Come On Virg humor me here!" Roman laughed as he slung his arm around his partner, and tried to get them both into the shot of his selfi-cam. "Just crack a smile this once."

"Why are you taking a picture of us anyway?" Virgil asked stubbornly looking away to hide his face.

"Because Hot Topic~" Prince Let the teasing nickname roll off his tongue affectionately. "I would like to have a picture of me and my boyfriend."

Virgil's face visibly turned red. "B-boyfriend?"

"Yes." Roman replied. "We are going out right?"