+1+

Life sucks ass.

It's as simple as that. Life sucks.

I sit in the wheelchair as I stare at the brick wall of the hospital garden in the middle of the building with bridges going over it with a glass ceiling. My room has a good view of the parking lot on the other side of the left wall. Other people are here with me. A little girl with cancer, a breathing pump on her face as her nurse pulls her away from a flower she was going to smell. An old couple, one in the dreadful outfits they give us and the other in a flannel shirt and brown kayaks that are pulled up way to high, the woman having Alzheimer's and schizophrenia. A mother sitting on a wheelchair holding her newborn premature baby with the father sitting on the bench, the baby being early by two months. A man in a wheelchair missing a leg and a few fingers from a car accident three weeks ago.

My nurse stays by the door. She hates nature. I'm lucky I only get her once a month. Her black hair pulled into a ponytail with baby hairs hanging on her olive skin forehead, her brown eyes like dark voids you don't want to look into. She leaning over the no smoking sign while she smokes. How ironic. Her face scrunches as she pulls the cigarette between her thin lips then puffs out a small ball of grey smoke. I whip my head to face the marigolds in front of me and their pollen invades my nose making me sneeze. Other nurses look at me as I wipe my nose with my wrist. They look around to see where mine was.

I roll myself on the path. I can't walk. Well I can, they just don't let me. I can only go around on this thing and it can only get me so many places. I roll back to my nurse and she puts out her cigarette against the wall then crushes it under her foot. She grabs the handles on the back of my chair and rolls me up to the elevator. I've memories her route. She took the shortest way. Closest to the doors of the hospital but the elevator also opens up three doors down from my room. Other nurses would take the elevator three halls down threw the Baby Wing, as I would like to call it. It's where all the mothers give birth, premature babies stay and sick toddlers get treated. The elevator door opens and three doctors pour in, two discussing someone's brain tumor that's in an almost impossible place to get, the other one on the phone discussing dinner plans.

The get off on my floor and I'm wheeled to my room. I hope onto my bed and she sits in the reclining chair that has a perfect view of the TV across from my bed. I look out the window and sigh as a smiling kid with a cast on his arm leaves with his family as they trudge through the deep snow. I wish I even got to see my family. I never see them. They're to busy trying to pay hospital bills in a house I've never seen. I look at the TV as my nurse plays a movie with way to many curse words and inappropriate things that I turn my head to the board of information about me.

| Patient Name: Marinette Dupain-Cheng | Date: December 24 | Birthday: June 6 | Gender: Female |
| Nurses: Ashy | Doctors: Chanceux, Tikki | Mechanic: Joshua |
| Allergies: None | Notes: Can't walk |

I hate that. I can walk they just don't let me. The nurses change everyday. Ashy is forty nine with both of her kids in college. She complains about how her oldest son got his best friends girlfriend knocked up and how they leave the baby with the best friend or her to take care of. The babies a year old and she won't shut up about how it won't stop crying. Most likely because it has to look at her. Her olive skin is sickening and makes me want to puke sometimes. Joshua's thirty six and only handles my blood pressure every hour and gets my pee for tests, sometimes getting blood.

I lean back in the uncomfortable small bed. I've been here my whole life but my room changed a lot. This month it's in the Specials Wing next month most likely in the Teens Hall. I hear my doctor say I'm going to be stuck in the Teen Hall until I'm eighteen when I do go back there. I'm thirteen now and the months almost over. Upside to going back, Teens Hall has bigger beds and better food.

Tikki walks in and I look at her then out the window again. Ashy quickly changes the channel to a nature documentary and hides the potato chip bag behind herself. "How you doing Marinette?" She sits down on the couch and I quickly roll my eyes.

"Good considering I still don't know what's wrong with me." Would it really hurt me if I did know? They say it will.

"We still don't know what is wrong with you so that's why we can't tell you," I scoff and cross my arms. "Good news, we don't need to take any blood or urine today, bad news we do need to run some catscans and X-rays."

"You know my parents can't offered this so why even do it?" I glare at her. Her red hair held high in two buns and her black bangs hanging above her navy eyes. Her skins pale with freckles dotted on her skin. She's twenty three and I'm her first patient. This is all great.

She blinks then laughs lightly like it was a joke. "So I can help you get better and everything is half priced for your parents. We've never seen someone like you," Tikki smiles and I roll my eyes again. She sighs and stands up, straightening her white lab coat. "Merry Christmas by the way."

"Have my parents called you?" I bite my lip.

"They can't make it. Snow locked them in," I sigh and dig the back of my head into the uncomfortable pillow as the blanket scratches my legs. Prop #2 of going to the Teen Hall, comfy pillows and blankets. "Merry Christmas."

You know that old grouchy woman that lives down the street who yells at anything that crosses her lawn, "Yeah yeah." I'm that woman in this hospital.