PE with werewolves

The changing room is filled with of l the sound boys laughing, shouting and lots and lots of banging lockers. I show Percy his new locker its right next to mine. Every time there’s a loud noise he jumps about a foot in the air. He stands there and stares at his new PE uniform. I know how he feels its an ugly thing that no one wants to be caught dead in. Coach enters the room and blows his whistle. Percy freezes and his fists clench his fingers digging into his palm. He inhales slowly relaxing his body; he quickly grabs his new uniform and heads to an enclosed cubical.

When he emerges he’s changed into his new gear with the exception of his long sleeve t shirt that he wears under the short one. I don’t comment but well actually I do. “Why the cubical?” Scott joins us and raises his eyebrows.  Percy shrugs; this seems to be his trade mark move. “When I was younger there was this fire at our house and well I got burned pretty badly and then part of the roof collapsed” he shrugs again. I do feel really bad about asking, stupid ADHD. Percy looks at me in understanding his gaze is piercing as if reading my mind. “ADHD sucks doesn’t and don’t bother to apologise I know you were all thinking it.” He smiles and we all head out to the hall. Coach blows the whistle unnecessary and starts shouting honestly, I don’t know why were all quite anyway. “Alright now were going to start off with a nice run and finish with the climbing wall. Everyone groans, the only people who look even remotely excited are you guessed the wolves but who wouldn’t? When you have powers like that. Again coach blows that blasted whistle!, We make our way outside to the pitch and start the long tedious jog that will take up twenty to thirty minutes of my precious time.  By lap four I really regret not being fitter. I mean I’m fit enough because I’m on the lacrosse team but now I’m not so sure.