how fast can you climb

Percy on the other hand after claiming he did no sport whatsoever has no trouble breathing in fact if i didn’t know any better, which I do I would have thought he was a wolf or something. But lucky for me I do or well Scott dose and he confides in me...mostly or always. Well to be honest I wouldn’t be so surprised if he was something, I mean after all you couldn’t blame me for being so suspicious. I mean Jackson a Kanima, the Dorak, Lydia being a banshee the list just goes on and on! While I’m lost in my thoughts about Percy being part of the other world I accidently bump into the man himself. He grabs my arm with the same breathtaking speed as  Scott and steady’s me before I can topple myself and anyone who’s in a two mile radius.  “Careful there Stiles don’t want to cause live dominos, do you?” Percy pauses “On the other hand... “He lets me go and sweeps his feet under my ankles and that’s when I cause live dominos. The only person who managed to survive and stands there laughing is the very man himself. Coach charges over to us whistle in mouth blowing furiously. “Stilinsky!” He yells and then he’s silent not really sure how to give out to me.

I end up getting an extra lap and a yelling about tying my shoe laces and not tripping over. To be fair to Percy he does the extra lap with me and still manages to laugh the whole way through even though I’m absolutely knackered. “to be fair” Scott joins in the laughing as we join the rest of the group “it was quite funny.” He then proceeds to do an imitation of me flailing his arms around and looking like a total idiot. In my defence I look much more dignified when I fall, which I than proceed to tell them in slightly different words. “I attacked the floor” Percy raises his eyebrows “You attacked the floor backwards?” O K I didn’t see that question coming. “You guys may be surprised to hear this but I’m a highly trained ninja and that move takes a lot of skill and talent to perfect.” I say in my haughtiest voice but everyone just nods and smiles. I feel so unloved and very clumsy. I ponder how I actually got into this situation in the first place and it all leads back to Percy’s perfectly timed ankle sweep witch I’m pretty sure wasn’t just sheer luck because that look in his eyes wasn’t just filled with humor and laughter there was also a cold brutal and calculating look in those fathomless green eyes.

“So where did you learn those moves?” I’m genuinely curious. Percy shrugs as if it’s no big deal. I used to do some training in the martial arts but I’m not sure if this place has a dojo and I’m not supposed to use my moves outside the dojo because I could seriously hurt someone. Again he shrugs as if knowing martial arts was no big deal, what my eyes also notice is that he looks to the left. I mean it could just be a coincidence but generally when people lie they look to the left because o the left side of our brain is associated with lying. As I said it could just be a coincidence. “I don’t suppose you could teach me?” I ask slightly shy, Percy looks confused as if his mind had been wandering elsewhere. “Why it’s not like anything happens here anyway.” He smiles as if he doesn’t have a care in the world. Well if he hangs out with our group of friends for long he might reconsider. The shrill whistle blows pulling me out of my thoughts. “OK everyone partner up! And grab a harness.” We all walk back slowly into the gym.

I partner with Percy and when its his turn on the wall I hardly have enough time to pull in the rope he’s so fast. This boy is so full of surprises, first martial arts skills then lizard skills on the wall what next? Being able to swim like a fish? I smile at my own funny joke and while I do that Percy calls to Coach. “Can I come down now?” Percy sits in his harness in perfect comfort watching us from above. “Not until you reach the top Coach shouts not even looking at Percy. “But Coach!” Percy shouts down with an amused expression on his face. “Sorry Jackson those are the rules now keep climbing your nearly there.” Now everybody’s paying attention to the little spectial. Percy rolls his eyes at Coach who is still not paying any attention to him. Then he does somthing extremely dangerous and stupid. Obviously he’s tired of waiting so he unclips his harness and starts casually climbing down as if it as the most natural thing in the world. Who dose that which person in there right mind would do something like that? Maybe he was an adrenilan junki but for some reason he didnt seem the type. The whole class held its breath as we watched percy climb down. When he was nearly down he jumped off and landed on the soft mat. "Dude how the hell did you do that? I whisper as I bring the rest of the rope so someone else can have a turn. He just looks at me and shruggs.