Post-Prom

A slightly angsty(?) prompt, but this time I thought of it myself and I feel really good about it :)

AU: around season 3a, Isaac is openly gay. Scott, on the other hand...

All Scott wanted to do was sleep, more than anything in the world. He desperately needed to brush off the evening's events with a peaceful slumber. It was sometime far past midnight, and his exhaustion was started to take effect. Scott he was going to fall asleep standing. It was ridiculous for him to think that he could go to prom and come back before 11pm. Scott should've asked for the night off, why didn't he ask for the night off? His suit jacket hung loosely over the chair to his right, and his collar felt like it was choking him. Maybe is wasn't Scott's collar, but his guilt shackling him.
Huh, a restricting collar for what he truly was, a dog.
His eyes burned, no matter how hard Scott rubbed them, or how much coffee he drank, he just wanted to lie down. Knots twisted in his stomach, he felt like barfing, crying, and punching the wall. Scott set the broom he was sweeping with next to the vet table. Deaton had left hours ago, but begged him to clean up after the store closed. How could he say no after all Deaton has done for him? But now, he was regretting it. Scott lied down on the cold tile floor and shut his eyes. Maybe he could just sleep here. His mom would worry, no doubt, but she always worried. Using his arms as a pillow, he felt himself slowly drifting into a deep...
Scott scrambled upward when he heard the bell on the door ring. All the dogs in their kennels went crazy, so the visitor couldn't be Deaton, but the smell was definitely male.
"I'm sorry sir, but the store is-"
There stood Isaac, his tie hanging loosely around his neck. His suit jacket was left unbuttoned, and his eyes seemed distant and occupied.
"You're in love with me."
Scott stood there, paralyzed with uncertainty. Should he try to deny it? No, that would be no use, Isaac could just listen to his heartbeat. Isaac stood there, looking at the other werewolf hopelessly. Scott's heart leaped from his chest.
"Isaac-"
"No, don't even try, Scott," Isaac said, his voice shaky and on edge. "Because I know you're lying, okay?"
"You weren't suppose to know."
"Is this about Allison?" he demanded. "You didn't tell me because of Allison?"
Scott looked away, knowing that if he locked eyes with him, he would crumble.
Isaac laughed disdainfully, pacing furiously. "You rejected me! Twice! You rejected me twice, Scott," he doubled over, giggling bitterly. "Oh god, this is so not funny."
"I know," Scott added shamefully.
"I mean, I'm dating Danny! I went to prom with him tonight!"
"I know."
"But nooooo!" Isaac waved his hands in the air angrily. "Because Scott McCall can do whatever the hell he wants, "for the good of his pack"! Because he is the goddamn alpha!" he shouted, and with that, the barking of the dogs ceased. As quickly as the words came out, regret soaked Isaac's face. Scott felt like death.
"I know," Scott croaked.
"No, Scott, I didn't-"
"Isaac," Scott looked up at him, tears slowly swimming in his eyes. He smiled softly. "It's okay."
Isaac ran his fingers through his hair frustratedly. "God, Scott. I mean, sometimes you just-" he let out a cry of distress and tugged at his collar.
Scott paused. "I know, But Allison can't kno-"
Isaac exploded. "Can you stop talking about Allison, for once? For the love of all things, Scott! This has nothing to do with her! She is a strong girl, she'll get over the face that you're gay!" He put his face in his hands.
"But I'm not-"
"But nothing, Scott!"
Isaac surged forward, and for a split second, Scott was sure Isaac was going to punch him. But he didn't.
He kissed him.
As their lips smashed together, Scott was taken back. Isaac was kissing him. Isaac was kissing him. Their mouths fit together like two perfect puzzle pieces, Scott was seeing stars. He never felt this alive before, his eyes were opening for the first time. Maybe Isaac was kissing him for too long, maybe it was just right for the both of them. Scott was so unable to process it all, that Isaac pulled away before he could react.
"Now look me in the eye, and tell me that didn't feel good!" 
It took awhile until his brain worked again. Scott touched his mouth, then looked at Isaac, then back at his hand. Isaac was breathing heavily, staring at him desperately.
"You can't," Isaac said quietly. "That's exactly what I thought."
The the stood in silence for what seemed like hours.
"Neither can you," Scott said, breaking the tension.
Isaac bit his lip. "Danny is waiting for me in the car."
"Isaac-"
Isaac shut his eyes. No matter how hard either of them needed to believe his next words, it would be no use. "This was a mistake. Goodnight, Scott."
Scott felt the gun that was being held to his heart fire. He knew that death was coming, just not this soon.
"Goodnight, Isaac," was all he could manage to choke. Isaac turned for the door, giving Scott one last look of yearning before heading off into the car with Danny.
"What happened in there?" Scott could hear Danny ask.
"Nothing," replied Isaac, his voice weak. "Absolutely nothing."
Another pang of hunt rippled through Scott's body. He stood in the store for thirty minutes before deciding to go home. He didn't clean, he didn't even turn off the lights.

He just went home.