Truth or Dare

Based off an au made by the fabulous thedeathlyalpha (on Instagram too) + fellow Scisaac trash so you all should go follow her.

If there was one thing Isaac hated more than anything else in the world, it was pack bonding at the Martin lake house.
Sure, it was a nice way to further get to know his friends, but no matter how hard he tried his conversations always ended up on an awkward note. It was hard for him to connect to people, Isaac himself knew that. So for the majority of the rainy night, he stood in the corner, swirling his drink and staring into his solo cup.
He was almost relived when Scott struck up a conversation with him.
"Are you okay?"

Isaac met his eyes with a small but regretful smile. "Yeah, just not in the party mood.
Scott tilted his head downward slightly, his mannerism for concern. Isaac hated when he did that. It seemed to show a vulnerability in Scott that make Isaac twinge. "I know this isn't exactly your scene... I can drive you home if you want."and
Isaac blinked in surprise. "I wouldn't want you to miss anything," he assured.
"I wouldn't be missing anything."

Just as Isaac was about to open his mouth, he heard Stiles call everyone into the living room. Scott looked at him, almost as if to ask permission. Isaac suppressed a laugh. The whole idea of an alpha asking him for anything was a strange concept. Almost as one unit, the pair found themselves sitting on the floor in a circle in the living room, Stiles standing god-like in the center.
He clapped his hands together. "Alright!" He exclaimed with the essence of a thirteen year old. "We're going to play Truth or Dare."

A collective groan erupted from the group. Stiles' odd fascination with the party game filled them all with dread. When given the chance, it was always Stiles' first suggestion.
"Come on!" He said. "We haven't played in months."
"For good reasons," Lydia argued.
"You know, Lydia, in fact-"
Jackson chimed in. "For once, Stilinski might be right."
Just like that, it was decided.

Let the game commence.

Round, after round, after round, they played. They all must've gone at least three times. By now, Lydia had her shirt off, Stiles was drenched head to toe from jumping in the lake, Kira had eaten every slice of pizza in the house, and Malia released some dark secrets she didn't even know she had.
The only person left untouched was Isaac.
Jackson gave him a mischievous smile that sent chills down his spine. "Alright Isaac, truth or dare?"
Though it was a simple question, it held a lot of weigh to it. Pick truth, you might end up saying something you might regret. Pick dare up might end up doing something you might regret. In reality, it was the lesser of two evils. Isaac would much rather do something stupid than reveal a well kept secret.
"Dare," he said confidently. He caught Scott smiling at him in admiration, it sent a jolt through him.

Jackson licked his lips in thought. Isaac could almost see the lightbulb go off over his head.

"I dare you to kiss McCall. For five seconds."

Within seconds, the jovial atmosphere turned solemn.

Isaac felt the blood rush to his cheeks. He keep his head low, refusing to make eye contact with Scott, or with anybody, for that matter. His heart threw itself against his ribs. Processing the request made him feel lightheaded.
The McCall pack knew better than to screw around with feelings,

But Jackson didn't.

"Jackson," Kira noted quietly. "I don't think-"
"Unless he wants to back out," Jackson shrugged condescendingly. "I guess that means he's out of the game, then."
Listening to Jackson was like listening to a song with an amplified bass. You couldn't actually hear anything through the obnoxious noise.
Isaac's vein began to stick out of his neck. "I'm not afraid of a challenge."
A smile of sick amusement danced across Jackson's face, meanwhile everyone else just looked sick.
Isaac took a deep breathe, solidifying a solid expression so Jackson wouldn't have the satisfaction. He turned to the boy next to him.
His determination faltered as soon as he found himself staring into Scott's eyes. They were soft and worrying, but had a child like innocence to them that made Isaac swoon.
"You're okay with this?" Scott whispered.
"Are you?"
Scott thought for a moment, but nodded hesitantly.
As Isaac leaned in, a million different thoughts coursed through his mind.
How is this going to effect our friendship?
Is it going to be awkward?
Is he going to hate me?
Oh god, he's going to hate me.

At first, the kiss was timid and shy. Both of them had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

"Oh, come on, Lahey. Actually kiss him."

Isaac felt his stomach clench, but desperately wanted to make Jackson shut up. He grabbed Scott's face, pushing their lips closer together.
For a slept second, Isaac was afraid that Scott was disgusted.

But then it hit him like a lightning bolt.

Scott was kissing him back.

At one point or another, Isaac was sure that some part of him deep down was freaking out, but as far as he could tell right now, he was numb to the whole thing.
By now, five seconds has surely come and went, but when he felt Scott's tongue lightly graze his teeth, Isaac had lost it. Isaac was seeing fireworks behind his eyelids, every one of his senses were completely overloaded by Scott, who was now running his fingers through Isaac's hair. Isaac's animal instincts took over, slowly starting to tugging off Scott's jacket-

That's when Stiles let out an awkward cough.

As the two pulled away, Isaac felt immediate regret. He shut his eyes tight, avoiding the look of disbelief that he knew was on Scott's face.
Isaac cleared him throat, trying anything to break the tension. "I- uh- I think I left my phone upstairs."
Without another word, he dashed up the stairs to the bedroom.

***

Isaac was sitting on the bed, face buried in his hands when Scott opened the door.
"I am so, so, so, so, sor-" he started.
"Isaac, it's okay. It was just a dare, right?"
Isaac blinked, this was not the response he was expecting. "Right. Just a dare.
"Totally platonic."
"Yeah.. totally platonic."

For a brief second, he thought he Scott sneak a peak at his lips. Isaac cleared his throat, leaning on the desk. Was it awful that the only thing he wanted to do right now was kiss Scott, again?
Isaac couldn't stop thinking about how soft his lips were. He wanted more of them, he wanted to take in as much of Scott as possible.
But he knew he couldn't.
"Did you, uh.. find your phone at least?"
For a moment, Isaac had almost forgotten that he actually did leave his phone up here. "No. I didn't, actually."
"Do you need help?"
Isaac bit his lip. "N-no, I wouldn't want to keep you."
Scott sighed, rubbing his temples. "Isaac? Is this going to be too awkward?"
Isaac cringed, although the question was inventible. "I.. I mean- uh-"
"Screw it."
Before Isaac could react, Scott's mouth was on his again. Isaac flinched in surprise. He hadn't even realize what was happening, Scott was beginning to pull away. His inner monologue screamed at him.
Before the moment was over, Isaac pulled him closer, tugging at his shirt. He savored every moment of the kiss, memorizing every movement of Scott's lips. Isaac felt like he was in a movie.

But all movies come to an end.
Roll credits.

It took everything in Isaac's power to pull away, but something in him felt wrong. "Scott.. No."
Scott looked ashamed. "I'm- I'm sorry. I-"
"Kira. You have Kira."
"I know-"
As much as it pained him to do so, Isaac knew he had to set him straight. "You're in love with her, right? You're not gay."
Scott turned sour. "How would you-"
"You're just not, okay?" Isaac's heart felt like lead. "I think I'm going to go home."
"What about your phon-"
Isaac didn't even let him finish before slamming the bedroom door closed.

Why can't my life be as exciting as my writing?