The Lake House

"So, how long have you liked Scott?"

Isaac almost spit out his drink. Lydia asked the question so causally, it was like she had asked him what his favorite color was. For two weeks, the pack was to stay at the Martins' lake house. Just the six of them, no ghost riders, no chimeras, and no saving the world. It was just them and the lake, and the lake and them. They all could kick back and relax.

Except for Isaac, who's sexuality weighed on him more than anyone would could have thought possible.

"Excuse me?" He asked, the question seeming unfathomable.
The two of them sat the reclining chairs that were perched on the dock. Kira, Malia, Stiles and Scott played in the water, oblivious to their every word.
"Oh, don't even try to deny it." Lydia rolled her eyes. "You've been checking him out all week."
Isaac dug his fingernails into his palm. "I have no idea what you're taking about." He felt his cheeks heating up, despite his avid protesting.
"You just were like, three minutes ago!" Lydia exclaimed.
Isaac's eyes drifted out into the lake. Scott laughed as he and Stiles' splash fight escalated. Stiles dunked his best friend's head underwater, and when he resurfaced, Scott flipped back his hair in a way that made Isaac's stomach churn.
Lydia hit his arm. "You're doing it right now!" She cried.
Isaac shushed her. "Okay! Okay! Maybe he has nice abs, alright? But that doesn't mean anything."
"I knew it," she said excitedly. "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it."
"Lydia, be quiet, will you?"

Stiles pushed himself out of the water and up onto the dock.
"Are you two coming in?" He asked.
"We're okay," Lydia said, taking a sip of her drink.
Stiles wiggled his eyebrow. "Are you sure?"
Lydia laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yes, Stiles we— Wait, what are you doing?" She asked as he approached her, scooping her up in his arms.
"I guess I'm just going to have to throw you in." Stiles shrugged.
"No!" Lydia shrieked. "I swear to god, Stiles-"
They both plunged in with a splash. When they came up for air, Lydia jumped on his back.
"I hate you!" She cried, hugging his neck.
"Mhm."
Isaac let out a low laugh as he listened to them bicker, he almost didn't notice Scott get out of the water.

The other boy sat down next to Isaac, drying his hair with a towel. As Scott's wet bathing suit dripped on to the wood, Isaac could hear his heart thumping.
"Are you sure you don't want to come in?" He asked gently.
Isaac waved him off, attempting to look cool. "Nah. I'm not a huge fan of water."
Scott laughed. "You look lonely, sitting here all by yourself."
"I like watching," Isaac replied. Shit, did that sound creepy?
"Can I sit with you?"
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
"Uh, I wouldn't want you to miss out because of me."
Scott nodded solemnly. "I get it, you want to be alone."
NO! Isaac screamed in his mind. "N-no! I mean, I would just feel guilty, that's all."
"Well, you shouldn't," Scott assured, shaking his head to the side. "I think I'm done for now. Stiles got water in my ear."
Isaac snickered. He handed Scott a soda.
"Thanks," Scott smiled.
The two of them clinked there glasses and listened to Stiles and Lydia bicker for he rest of the afternoon.

***

That night at the campfire, Scott couldn't keep his eyes off of Isaac.

Regardless, the poor kid couldn't roast a marshmallow for his life.

"You're burning it!" Malia complained.
"It's not my fault!" Isaac said defensively. "I've never done this before!"
Scott let out a chuckle as Isaac blew out the marshmallow he had accidentally set on fire, and tossed it in the reject pile.
"Scott, can you please show Isaac how it's done?" Lydia asked, fighting over a stick with Stiles.
Scott blinked. "Oh. Uh, yeah of course." He stuttered. He sat down next to the blonde, placing a marshmallow on his stick.
"S-so," he started, blushing as Isaac listened to him intently. Thank god it was too dark to see anything. "You don't want to hold it in the fire, but over it." Scott placed his hands over Isaac's, guiding him in the right way. "We're going for golden brown, not charcoal."
Isaac nodded, his eyes fixed on the flames. His determination was adorable. Scott then showed him how to rotate the stick so that all sides of the marshmallow were cooked, making sure that Isaac fully understood.

Eventually, that one caught on fire as well. Scott just ended up making him one.

Isaac huffed, staring at his plate grimly. "If I can't even make a goddamn s'more, what can I do?"
"S'mores require practice, kind of like— HEY!" Stiles was cut off by Lydia smearing a marshmallow all over his face. "Not fair! Not in the slightest!"
Lydia beamed and shrugged. Scott's heart fluttered when he heard Isaac laugh. It sounded like sugar being caramelized. He turned to Scott raising his s'more like a glass.
"To Stiles and Lydia, unresolved sexual tension since the moment they met," he grinned.
Yeah, it's Stiles and Lydia with the unresolved sexual tension. Scott thought as the pair in front of him blushed furiously.

***

Isaac read the blazing red numbers on the alarm clock like a prophecy. Yup, the future held no sleep for him.

"Hey Isaac," a voice whispered. "Are you still up?"
Isaac paused for a moment. "Yeah, I'm awake."
Isaac turned to meet the alpha's eyes. Even though it was dark, they pierced through the blackness.  For the past five nights, Isaac had been overly aware of Scott's presence in the bed that they shared. The house only had four rooms, so they both were shoved into the same quarters. Not that Isaac minded, it was just really had to get a good nights rest. Like, really hard.

"Do want to talk for a bit?"
Isaac nodded, resting his hands under his head.
Scott cleared his throat. "Okay.. what's your favorite color?"
Isaac laughed a little too loudly.
"I'm serious!"
His humor was soon replaced with anxiety. He racked his brain for the right color.
"Brown," he decided finally. "Not like when you mix paints together, but like... like chocolate. You?"
"Blue," he said certainly. "Like a cold, icy type of way."
"Why's that?"
Scott was silent for a moment. "It's not important."
"Secrets, secrets, are no fun, unless you share them with everyone." Isaac sang.
Scott hit him playfully. Silence filled the room.
"Isaac?"
"Yeah?"
"Who do you like?"
Isaac started howling, partly out hilarity, and partly because the question made him so nervous he was going to throw up. "You did not just ask me the most middle school question I've ever heard."
"Shh! You're going to wake Kira and Malia!" He grinned, laughing with him. "But come on, I've never heard you talk about girls, ever."
Isaac sat up. "Scott McCall, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you're interrogating me." Was he stalling? Absolutely.
Scott pulled him back down. "Isaac!"
"I'll tell you if you can guess."
"Give me a hint first."
Isaac licked his lips, pondering the situation.
Just be as vague as possible. He told himself. "Brown eyes," he told Scott.
"Ah yes, half the population," Scott joked. Isaac rolled his eyes but couldn't suppress a grin.
"Okay.. brown hair, gorgeous smile..."
Isaac didn't even realize Scott was inching closer to him.
"...And just the most adorable little scar on his left cheek," he said breathless.
Their noses must have been less than a centimeter apart. Isaac bathed in Scott's warm breath, and desperately fought off the urge to close the gap between them completely. Scott's eye briefly flickering to his lips made him squirm.
Isaac took a deep breath, shattering the moment. "I think I'm going to bed." He choked out, turn his back on Scott.
"O-okay." He heard Scott stutter. "But Isaac?"
For a final time, Isaac turned to face him. "Ye-?"
Scott's lips cut off his response. He kissed Isaac shyly, and almost made him fall off the bed. Trying to process this was like trying to translate a language he didn't know. But boy, did he want to know what the words meant.

When Scott came up for air, Isaac could feel him freeze. The poor boy was probably more terrified of his feelings than Isaac was. Just as he felt Scott begin to pull away entirely, Isaac knew that it was his cue to act. He grabbed Scott's face and crashed their lips together, generously telling him that the feelings were returned. He wanted to let Scott know that there was no way in hell this was an accident. Isaac felt him relax, and the one timid kiss became intentional and exploratory. Isaac couldn't stop himself from smiling.

When the pack found them the next morning, they were still curled up in bed. Only this time, Scott's arms were wrapped protectively around Isaac's waist. There wasn't an inch of space between them.

And that's how they both wanted it.

Please vote/comment/whatever because I worked really hard on this and I'm really proud of it. Thanks!
Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood Scisaac trash,
Margeaux.