The Pool Party

Matchmaker!Lydia look out y'all.

Lydia Martin's annual end of the year pool party was the most looked forward to out of any event ever. Hell, there were more people at Lydia's house than at prom itself. Teenagers who didn't even go to BHHS traveled here just for one legendary night. Everyone loved it.
For whatever unfathomable reason, this year was the largest turn out yet. Beer runs were made constantly, and snacks had to be bought ever hour.
People were making out left and right, and everyone was happily drunk.

Except for Scott.

Although he was one to be friendly, he was never really social at parties. Big crowds didn't agree with him, and he'd rather hang out with a few close friends than the entire county.
He's feet kicked at the surface of the pool, making little ripples in the water. It felt cold in contrast to the warm summer night. Giggles and screams littered the air, meanwhile Scott remained quiet in his own little world.
As soon as he looked around the rim of the pool to search for his friends, his gaze immediately onto Isaac's.

A breathe caught in his throat as Scott felt his blue eyes pierce his own. He felt a certain yet unrecognizable vulnerability, and at the same time he felt like he had landed in a safety net. Scott could tell that Isaac was just about as miserable as he was, his dry curls proving his dislike of swimming. Isaac's feet hung over the edge of the pool as was Scott's, testing the water before ultimately deciding not to go in.
Go over and talk to him! Scott's mind urged, but anxiety bubbled up in his chest. He bit his lip, wondering what on earth Isaac would be thinking.
"Oh god.. this is almost sad."
Scott was the first of break contact, switching his focus on a lightly buzzed Lydia Martin herself.
"If I have to watch you two eye fuck for another summer I am going to gag myself," she said, plopping down next to him with a drink in hand. She offered one to Scott, who graciously accepted.
"It's not like that," Scott protested, gulping down his drink.
Lydia rolled her eyes. "You say that all the time!"
"Is it a crime to tell the truth?"
"It's a crime to lie to yourself."
Scott paused, thinking she had a point, but shook the thought away. "I'm not gay Lydia."
"Okay well... maybe you're... bi- bi.. Shit, what's the word?"
"Bisexual?"
She nodded, taking another sip of her drink. "Scott McCall, If you do not take advantage of tonight, I will hunt you down and skin your little werewolf ass."
Scott chuckled, throwing his hands up in defense.
"Go get him, tiger."
"Werewolf," Scott corrected.
"Damn it, Scott. Just go!"
And with that, Lydia pushed him to his feet. In the first thirty seconds of marching around to pool to meet Isaac, he felt a vast accomplishment despite achieving nothing. The decision itself made him feel more like superhero than ever. But as he grew closer and closer, his heart started to bang against his ribcage like a hammer. His steps grew heavy, slowing time itself to a halt. Every stride grew harder and harder to maintain a pace. Scott screamed at himself to turn around, any attempt to hold a conversation would be futile. He knew he had reached the point of no return when Isaac finally noticed his approaching presence. The blond boy smiled at him, grateful for a familiar face to talk to. Regardless of what he was telling himself, Scott sat next to Isaac, swinging his feet over the side of the pool.
"Hey," Scott said calmly, despite his inner monologue going off at himself.
Isaac's grin could caramelize sugar. "Hey."
There hands were mere inches apart, Scott ached to reach out for it.
"So, are you enjoying yourself as much as I am?"
Isaac chuckled. "Just as much, yeah."
Scott offered his drink to him, but Isaac waved it down. Stumped on how he would drive the conversation, Scott let an awkward silence occur.
"Wanna take a dip?" He asked finally attempting to break the ice.
Something flickered briefly across Isaac's face, but he covered it with a smile.
"Nah, I'm okay. You go on ahead, I'll watch."
"Are you sure?" Scott jumped into the pool, feeling the water on his skin as nice refresher. "The water isn't even cold."
"Seriously, I'll pass," Isaac assured.
Scott rolled his eyes, and continued to pull the boy into the pool. Isaac yelled in response, clinging to Scott like a drowning cat. Goosebumps covered his skin as the water rippled, as if to make room for him.

At first, Scott was laughing. He thought Isaac's aversion to water was the most ironic thing to ever happen. The way he shivered when the water splashed onto his face, it at first appeared as though he didn't want to get his hair wet. But then he realized the look on Isaac's face was genuine fear. He wasn't trembling, he was quaking. It looked as though he was on fire. Scott quickly helped him to the edge of the pool, pulling the first towel around he could find around his shoulders.
"Woah, easy Isaac. Are you okay?"
Isaac looked like he was trying to swallow a pill hat would never go down. "I- I'm not a huge fan of water." He flopped his curls out of his face. "My dad being a swim coach and all.."

That's when the truth slapped Scott clear across the face. If Isaac's father had the audacity to lock him in a freezer..

Scott sat down next to him, his wet shorts roughly colliding with the pavement.
"Oh god... Isaac I'm-"
Isaac's smile was so pitiful, it broke Scott's heart. "It's okay, you don't have to say it."
The blonde boy stood up. "I think I'm going to go home now."

Scott couldn't even fathom to stop him. With one last awkward wave, he watched Isaac quickly dry his hair with a towel, pull his shirt over his head, and leave the Martin's for good.

(ITS 3:30 I JUST WANTED WRITING PRACTICE AND THE ENDING WAS SO RUSHED END ME)