xiv. night school

[ start of night school part one ]

  ELEANOR AND STILES' cuddle and conversation session was abruptly stopped minutes after it started, by Eleanor's phone constantly buzzing to the sound of The Killers, Mr Brightside. She ignored the first two calls, but when a third came through, she decided that maybe it was more important than spending the night with Stiles.

  When she picked up, she did not expect what she was told. "Els, you need to get to the school now. Derek thinks Scott's boss is the Alpha."

  At this point, Jaden was on speaker and the pair sat up from their position on the Stilinski's couch. Stiles stood up immediately, searching for the keys to his jeep as Eleanor tried to make sense of the situation. Deaton? The Alpha? Was Derek delusional?

  "It can't be Deaton. "Eleanor voiced firmly, standing up as she grabbed a hoodie from the coat rail. It just so happened to be Stiles'. "We've known him for at least a year now! Plus, don't you think Scott would know?"

  "I don't disagree Elle," Jaden sighed, scratching the back of his neck, "And neither does Scott. He had some sort of plan, and we need you guys to meet us at the school now."

  Eleanor huffed, pacing the carpeted floor as she heard Stiles' familiar footsteps approach from the staircase. Jaden ended the call before she could reply, and the young girl ran a hand through her soft brunette locks, trying not to become frustrated with her older brother. Where did he even get the idea from? Eleanor had no clue of the answer.

  Both Stiles and Eleanor arrived at the high school in minutes, the majority of the ride filled with impatient foot tapping and nervous glances. Upon arriving, Eleanor already sighted the black camaro in the parking lot, and hopped out of the jeep seconds after it halted. Stiles followed closely behind, glancing around frantically in search of Scott.

  "Have you completely lost your mind?" Eleanor hissed, stalking to where Derek stood, a wide smug smirk plastered on to his face. This faltered as he saw Eleanor.

  "What are you doing here?"

  Eleanor glared at Jaden, whom seemed to have turned away from the situation, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm here to take Deaton home! Are you insane? He's not the Alpha Derek!"

  Derek creased his forehead, his tensed arms crossing over his chest as he raised a brow. "And how can you be so sure?"

  Before any other words could be spoken, Scott's erratic breath had entered the premises, and within seconds, he was stood either side of Stiles and Jaden. He glanced at the three friends, and in return they indiscreetly shuffled away from Derek, and into a group huddle.