xxviii. abomination

the one when the kanima keeps them hostage[ S2 0

[ S2 0.3 ]

  ELEANOR hated swimming with a passion. Really hated it.

  And here she was, treading water to keep Derek's head above water level so that he wouldn't die. The same Derek that had been a complete asshole lately, the same Derek that turned Isaac Erica and Boyd, the same Derek that had gotten them into the swimming pool in the first place.

  The lizard like creature, that they later learned was called a Kanima, patrolled the surface surrounding the pool, not daring to attempt a dive to get Eleanor, Derek or Stiles.

  Eleanor pondered whether the creature hated swimming, just like she did. The two boys obviously didn't see the creature prowling the edges, and started to make their way to the diving board, something that would help to keep them up.

  "Wait wait wait, stop." And just as Derek spluttered the words, the Kanima threatened a hiss.

  "I don't think he can swim." Stiles noted, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as they moved to where they had been minutes before.

  All three of them were getting tired. "I don't think I can do this much longer."

  Abandoning Stiles phone in the water, that had been used to unsuccessfully call Scott for help, they all moved to the second diving board, that was hanging over the water that the Kanima wouldn't be able to reach.

  Stiles lifted his hand to grab ahold of the board, but his fingers slipped, causing all three to submerge in the water. Stiles was kicking and flailing trying to pull Derek up with him, but his arms had become too weak. Eleanor was panicking. She thought she was going to drown.

  And just when they had no strength left, a pair of hands grabbed ahold of them, pulled them to safety.

  Scott.

[ S2 0.3 ]