xvii. lunatic

[ start of lunatic part one ]

AFTER THE CHAOS and danger the four best friends endured in the dead of night at a place they were supposed to feel safe, it was hard to pretend everything was normal.

  Jaden, Scott and Stiles all agreed that Eleanor and what happened when she was gone was their top priority, and so instead of Jaden taking Eleanor home with him, they all spent the night at the Stilinski household. Sheriff agreed to this almost immediately, only going off what he was told by the teenagers, that Derek had been the one tormenting them. Therefore, Jaden and Eleanor could not go home with the supposed murderer, and would be much safer in the Stilinski household. He had already questioned Jaden and he knew in his heart that the poor teenagers had nothing to do with it. He knew they were not to blame.

  As soon as Eleanor had regained consciousness, the boys did everything in their power to make her feel safe and loved, they had no clue what had happened, but they knew it wouldn't have been good. That was the next thing they did. They found out what went on when she had departed from the teenagers.

  She opened up about it and told them immediately, something that they were not expecting. The Alpha, as crazy as it sounded, had spoken to her. After trying to save the janitor, the beastly creature had found the youngest Hale, and chased her throughout the many corridors. She deliberately steered clear of where her friends were, but in turn was cornered in the cafeteria, terrified out of her mind. It seemed that the monster smirked, yes smirked, at her horrified expression and whispered something that nobody wanted to hear. I want Scott McCall.

  In turn of her admittance, the boys told her of what happened while she was being heroically tormented. Jackson behaved like a total moron, as usual, Allison became even more whiny after Eleanor left, Lydia seemed distant and barely talked and the boys were all worried of what had happened to their best friend. Scott also mentioned that after they had escaped, Allison went on to tell him that they were 'on a break' for 'helping a murderer' and 'telling her lies' which he received little sympathy for. Of course, Eleanor was upset for him, but she was also upset because of him. Throwing Derek under the bus like that was not ideal.

  Speaking of, neither Eleanor or Jaden had received any contact with him, and Eleanor had even begun doubting her own supernatural power. It was telling her that he wasn't dead, that he was fine and he had escaped the situation alive, but as hours ticked by she began to think otherwise.

  In conclusion to all of the happenings over the past 24 hours, Stiles had decided that he would get the group flat out drunk. For coping purposes, of course.

  He hadn't bothered to tell his friends this, for he knew that they would turn him down almost immediately, and so as the four trudged through the forest, the three werewolves had no clue as to why they were following Stiles.