Chapter 3

Aaron woke up Sunday morning with more energy than usual and he couldn't wait for his daily jog. He got up and went to the bathroom, did his business, got dressed then went downstairs.

SR: Again?

AH: Good morning to you too and what?

SR: Sorry, good morning. Are you going jogging again?

AH: Yes, I go every morning when we're home.

SR: Isn't that over-doing it a bit?

AH: I need to stay fit, plus I take a shorter route on Sundays.

SR: You're crazy.

AH: You need to keep fit too, come join me today. (He said ignoring Spencer's previous comment with a 'glare')

SR: Are you saying that I'm unfit?

AH: No but a short jog won't hurt.

SR: I'm fine thank you besides my boss doesn't really send me out into situations where running away or after someone is necessary and on the off chance that he does, he usually sends Morgan with me.

AH: Well, I think it's time I change that.

SR: Don't you dare Agent Hotchner. (He warned)

AH: Come on, it's not long. I promise.

SR: Before I even have to consider that as a possibility, I need to first prepare myself mentally and then comes all the physical stuff.

AH: Spencer.

SR: I'll prepare something special for when you get back.

AH: ... Fine but this isn't over.

SR: I know you too well to think any other way.

AH: I'll be back in half an hour.

SR: I'll be waiting. (He smiled opening the front door for Aaron)

Spencer watched Aaron run out of the gate and only shut the door when he couldn't see the older man anymore. He made his way to the kitchen and started on his surprise for Aaron.

...

Aaron came back about thirty minutes later and the house was quiet.

AH: Spencer?

SR: In here. (He called out from the kitchen)

...

SR: Good, you're back. Here you go. I made you a smoothie with the mangoes and strawberries that we bought yesterday and the banana's you had that would be going bad soon. It's incredibly healthy and good for your body. (He said handing the glass over)

AH: Thank you, Dr Reid.

SR: It's a pleasure, Agent Hotchner.

J: It's not Monday yet.

SR: Huh?

J: No surnames, it's not Monday yet.

SR: We're just teasing each other Jack.

J: Oh okay then. That looks nice, can I have one too?

AH: What's wrong with the people living in my house. No manners I tell you, first Spencer and now you, good morning little boy.

J: Good morning dad, Spencer. (He said sheepishly)

SR: Good morning, Jack. Here you go. I made it for your dad but I don't think he'd mind if we both have a glass.

AH: I might... if I don't get another glass myself. This is really good.

...

They spent the rest of the day relaxing and just enjoying the last day of their weekend. Jack and Spencer even helped Aaron when he started making them a proper Sunday lunch.

J: I think dad should give the two of us cooking lessons, right Spencer?

SR: I totally agree and then he might stop complaining about being the only one who cooks. (He whispered the last part)

J: Yes!

AH: Do I get a say in this?

SR: Just tell us when and we'll be ready.

AH: I don't think I should bring you around here anymore, Jack is a bad influence on you.

J: Dad? (He gasped making the two men laugh)

They finished lunch, cleaned up and watched movies for the entire day. Spencer fell asleep on Aaron's shoulder about an hour in and woke up when the first movie ended.

That night Jack had to stick to his normal bed time of 9 o'clock but this time around he didn't complain like he usually did Sunday nights. Aaron and Spencer both stayed awake until about eleven finishing up any work that they still had left.

...

The following morning both Aaron and Spencer were up at six sharp. Aaron went for a quick job while Spencer showered and got dressed before going to wake Jack who was used to getting up early on school mornings. Spencer asked him what he usually had for lunch before sending him to shower. He went downstairs started the coffee machine and then started on Jack's lunch and smoothies. Aaron come in from his jog and smiled when he saw Spencer.

SR: I woke Jack up and he just finished up in the shower so he should be down here soon. (He smiled handing him a cup of coffee)

AH: Thank you but you know that you don't have to do this right?

SR: I do but I want to now go get in the shower.

AH: Yes sir. (He smiled putting the empty cup on the counter before going to his bedroom)

...

J: All done.

SR: Good, now we're just waiting for your dad.

J: I heard you making smoothies, do I get one?

SR: Of course, I put yours with your lunch but you can have from mine now.

J: You're the best Spencer, thank you.

Jack drank from Spencer's smoothie and then they made breakfast, cereal, and the three of them ate together when Aaron came back downstairs dressed and ready for the day. When they finished, everyone grabbed their bags and Spencer grabbed two smoothie filled FBI flasks for him and Aaron.

They dropped Jack off at school before proceeding to their workplace. They sat in the partially empty parking garage quietly after Aaron switched the engine off.

SR: Thank you for this weekend Aaron. I really appreciated it and I cannot believe how much I enjoyed it.

AH: It's a pleasure Spencer but Jack and I enjoyed ourselves too. You're welcome whenever, remember that.

SR: I will and this is for you.

AH: I was wondering when I'd get a smoothie seeing as you and Jack already had, thanks.

SR: Enjoy your day, Hotch. (He smiled opening the door)

AH: You too, Reid.

Aaron and Spencer were the first ones from their team who arrived first like usual and then the rest slowly started coming in before their shift started at nine. The others spoke about their weekend but didn't bother to ask Spencer about his since they assumed that he didn't do anything.

Aaron came down a few times claiming it was for work but really he came down to see if Spencer was still doing okay.