Chapter 8

Their Monday routine is a bit different given that Aaron and Spencer don't have to go to work but Jack still has to go to school.

J: Can't I stay home today too?

AH: No, why?

J: It's not fair that you and Spencer can stay at home but I have to go to school.

AH: We worked until early Saturday morning, hardly got any sleep and then we were on a plane back home, wanna trade?

J: ... No but it's still not fair.

SR: Yes, it's not fair for us because we have to work long hours all around the country while you only have seven hours of school.

J: I guess that I don't have a leg to stand on. I knew the second that you started talking that I didn't stand a chance Spencer.

AH: Good boy, now go finish getting ready.

J: Fine. (He sighed)

AH: I don't think anyone ever stands a chance when you started talking.

SR: Oh don't you start now too.

AH: I'm only stating a fact doctor. (He smiled causing Spencer to shake his head)

SR: Can you drop me off at my apartment after you drop Jack off at school, I have a couple of things that I need to do.

AH: Sure and I'd also like to talk to you after we drop Jack off.

SR: ... Okay?

AH: Don't worry, it's nothing bad. (He smiled reassuringly which helped Spencer calm down a bit)

The two men were stood starring at each other with soft smiles on their faces when Jack came down the stairs. He watched them for a while with a smile on his face before breaking the silence, causing both men to slightly jump in shock.

J: Why were you even up so early if neither one of you have to go to work?

AH: Force of habit, eat your breakfast now.

The three of them packed up and drove to jack's school. They dropped him off after Jack and Spencer said their goodbyes and then drove to Spencer's apartment.

SR: Do you want to come in for coffee... and that talk?

AH: Sure. (He smiled)

SR: Let's go.

...

Spencer immediately put the kettle on and started with the coffee as soon as they entered the apartment while Aaron made himself comfortable on the couch in the living room.

SR: Here you go.

AH: Thanks.

SR: So?

AH: A not so wise but very annoying man told me that I needed to talk to you and I've decided to take his advice. Believe it or not but I've only ever been in two serious relationships in my life and both of them ended with me hurt and alone. I mean I understand why Haley left and I encouraged Beth to go but that doesn't take away from the hurt and after that I sort of... closed myself off to feeling anything for anyone because I was scared of getting hurt and then you show up one night after a case and end up staying the entire weekend and that shell started breaking and I didn't even realise it at the time.

SR: Aaron if this is your way of telling me that you don't want me coming around anymore, I'll respect you wishes. (He whispered)

AH: I don't think I'm making myself quite clear because it's actually the opposite Spencer... I love having you around, I look forward to the weekends so that I can see you even though I see you at work every day, having you over with Jack and I is different, it's something else... I don't know.