Chapter 10

As his and Aaron's relationship keeps flourishing, Spencer spends more and more time at the Hotchner house during the week and weekend and today happened to be such a time. It was Saturday evening and the team was on stand down for the weekend after the intense case they had finalised the previous day.

Aaron was in the kitchen putting the final touches on dinner while Jack and Spencer were busy setting the table.

J: Spencer, I want to ask you a very serious question.

SR: ... Okay?

J: When are you moving in with us?

SR: Jack.

J: You spend most of your time here, it would be easier if you just moved in then you wouldn't have to constantly move between places.

AH: He does have a point. (He said coming into the dining room with a dish in his hands.

SR: Aaron. (He sighed)

AH: Don't worry, we won't force you. We just want you to know that the option is always on the table if you ever want to consider it.

J: Consider quickly because my dad isn't as young as he use to be.

SR: Your son is crazy, you know that right?

AH: Not my son, I brought him in one night when I caught him rummaging through the garbage.

J: Firstly, I'm not a stray and secondly, I've got Hotchner blood flowing through my veins now let's eat.

AH: Say Grace first.

...

...

Spencer and Aaron were busy doing dishes after dinner while Jack was off in his room doing 'important things'

SR: Don't you think it's too soon for us to be moving in together?

AH: It was just a suggestion, darling.

SR: I know but I've been thinking and I've realised that it isn't such a ridiculous idea but I'm scared that it's too soon.

AH: Jack's right, you do spend most of your time here and moving in wouldn't be all that different.

SR: Except that I would have to move into your bedroom.

AH: No, it's not a requirement. You can stay in the guest room for as long as you want.

SR: But if I do this then I want to do it right. My lease is up in two months so I have until then to decide.

AH: Two months. (He smiled leaning in to give Spencer a kiss)

...

The following week's Sunday had the team over at Rossi's house for Sunday dinner with family. Everyone was outside waiting for the food to be served except for Reid who was inside with Henry and Jack who decided that they'd rather watch TV over listing to adults boring talk.

AH: There's something that I need to tell you or actually there's something I had to tell you with Reid but it looks as though he's gone into hiding.

JJ: I'll go get him.

AH: Good luck.

...

JJ found the three of them in the living room on the couch in front of the TV, the boys on either side of Reid.

JJ: Spence.

SR: Yes.

JJ: You can't leave Hotch alone out there to tell the team.