Chapter Four

Mrs Shane then replied "Of course come on in and have a seat".

I and Kevin went inside the house and took a seat. Mrs Shane then said "Make yourself comfortable and I'll call Rita".

I quickly replied "Mrs Shane if you don't mind can we go and see her in her room because I don't think she will be able to get out of bed".

Mrs Shane then said "Of course it is wonderful to see that she has made friends who are caring".

I and Kevin then went upstairs to Rita's room and saw Rita was resting but was surprised.

Rita then said "Hey you guys what a lovely surprise". I then said "Hey Rita get well soon". and handed her the flowers.

Kevin then said "Rita get well soon and here is a get well soon card which we got all of our classmate to sign it".

Rita then replied "Thank you so much this is really something special to me".

I then received a text massage from a Adam,which was my friend but he lived a bit far from the city. He made plans about me, Adam and a few of his friends to watch a movie.

I then said "Sorry guys but I have to rush but I will visit you again later. Ok?".

I then left Kevin and Rita alone. Kevin was about to go back home when Rita stopped Kevin and said "Kevin do you mind if you stayed a bit longer?".

Kevin then replied "Why?. Is there something wrong?". Rita then said "Actually there is something I wanted to tell you".

Kevin then replied "Sure what is it that you wanted to tell me?". Rita then said "But promise me that you won't tell Carl about this". Kevin then said "Sure what is it?".

Rita then said "The truth is that I really like Carl. I don't know how to tell him this and if I did tell him,he won't trust me or talk to me ever again".

Kevin then replied "Why are you telling me this?".

Rita then said "Because you are his best friend and you know Carl very well and only you can help me so that that I could win Carl's heart".

Kevin said "You do know what happen the first time he fell in love. I don't think he will love again".

Rita then said "Yes I know but what if I could make him love again?. I mean it could work but i need your help to pull this off".

Kevin then said "Alright then. Tomorrow there are tryouts for the girls track and field team and you have get yourself selected on the team because Carl is also training tomorrow".

The next day,I was leaving my house for school when I saw Rita standing in front of the house.

I then said "Looks like you are fit as a fiddle today". Rita then replied "Looks like so maybe sickness isn't my thing".

I then replied "But still you should be resting at home Rita".

Rita then said "Carl do you ever get sick?". I then replied "I hardly get sick because I play sports".

Rita then said "Exactly that's I am trying out for the track and field team today".

I then replied "No way it is pretty hard to get selected for the track and field team Rita". Rita then said "How do you know?".

I then replied "Because I am in track and field team that's why". Rita then said "Then you will be there today watching the tryouts?".

I then replied "Yes but I may not be focusing on the tryouts because I will be busy training with the others so my answer is maybe".

Rita and I walked together to school while sharing laughter and it was fun.

After school was done for the day,I was heading to the field when Rita was standing at the door.

I went near Rita and asked "Rita,are you ok?". Rita then replied "Of course I was waiting for you and since you are here,let's go".

While walking to the field I said "Hey Rita good luck".

Rita then replied "Now I am one hundred percent sure that I will get selected".

I then said "How?". Rita then replied "Because you wished me good luck and everyone said that when you wish everyone good luck they usually succeed on whatever the are doing".

The both of us shared a little laugh and went our separate ways. There were so many people came for the tryouts.

Luckily me and my friends were given five minutes rest after a few laps and Apparently Rita was next in line for the tryouts but I thought Rita wouldn't make it.

Rita was facing some big competition but Rita proved me wrong and made the track and field team.

After everything was wrapped up and I and Rita were walking home and I said "Wow Rita you really surprised me today after all you made it to the track and field team".

Rita then replied "Of course I even surprise myself actually".

I then said "Well then the both of us are in the track and field team,maybe we should train together don't you think?".

Rita then replied "Yes of course we should train together ". I then said "Ok then bye".

Then next day,it was a Saturday morning and I was going for a jog when Rita from behind said "Looks like we are going to jog together".

I was happy and the both of us jog together.

We stopped at a juice stall and I paid for the juice. Rita then said "Thank you but I will pay you back once we get home".

I then replied "Its ok don't worry about it".

After finishing our juice,we jogged back home and when we reached home,Rita said "Carl why don't you come inside for a while. It will be fun".

I then replied "Alright" and I went inside the house. Rita then said "What do you want to have for breakfast Carl?".

I then replied "No thanks I'm fine". Rita then handed me a glass of warm water. I then said "Thank you for the warm water".

Rita then replied "No problem after all who could resist warm water on a cold morning".

Rita and I then started talking about school stuff and a few projects that were need to be done and I then said "Alright then I should be leaving". Rita then said "Ok then see you later".

After I left, Kevin came and asked Rita "So how did it go between you and Carl?".

Rita then said "Well I made the track and field team and we went for a jog together and it was quite interesting and fun actually".

Kevin then said "It must have been wonderful after all I saw his face was happy. I haven't seen that in like years".

Kevin and Rita were talking about what to do next meanwhile I was heading to Adam's about doing a charity event which was going on and Adam wanted me to help him.