Chapter Eight

As I was walking,suddenly someone tapped the back of my and saw Rita.

Rita said "How was walking alone like?".

I replied "Ha ha very funny and weren't you supposed to be at James house?".

Rita replied "I was supposed to but I blew it off".

I replied "You should have stayed". Rita said "Why?".

I replied "So I could rob his house". Rita said "Anyways did you had fun at the theaters with Makayla?".

I replied "I think so". Rita said "I had fun too with James at the theaters. And while we walking back Makayla,that was so romantic".

I got an idea to tease Rita and replied "Yeah it was romantic especially when Makayla gave me a kiss on my right cheek".

Rita was trying to control her anger. I wanted to laugh but somehow controlled myself. We walked until we reached reached home.

I dropped Rita home and said "You know James should be the one dropping you to your home".

Rita replied "Yeah I know but can I tell you something?".

I said "Sure what is it?".

Rita replied "I think James really likes me".

I lied and said "Really?. I haven't notice that but don't worry it happens sometimes".

Rita replied "Hey Carl,do you think I am pretty and sexy looking?".

I said "Of course you are pretty and sexy and you are a good athlete and anyone would be lucky or greatful to have you as their girlfriend".

Rita said "That is the most nicest thing anyone has ever said to me Carl. Thank you".

I replied "Goodnight Rita".

The next morning Wednesday,I and Kevin were walking to school when Kevin asked " So did you do anything interesting yesterday"?.

I replied "Not much just went to the movies with Makayla and Rita and James that's all".

Kevin then asked " Wow I wish I could have followed to the movies with you".

I replied "Well it wasn't that easy especially with James around. He made me look miserable as shit and kept messing with my head. What the hell".

Kevin then said "Chill out as long as he does not do any funny business with her".

I replied "I know but he is trying to get on my nerves and trying to set me off".

Kevin then said "Well there is only one way to solve this". I replied "What is the only way?".

Kevin then said "Express your feelings towards Rita".

Carl then started to think and did not reply Kevin back. While walking back home, Carl was still in his thought and think that if he really has any feelings for Rita at all in first place.

As Carl was halfway home, Rita quickly joined him and they walked together.

Rita then asked Carl "Why with the long face cutie?". Carl then replied "Nothing just thinking about something important".

Rita then said "Is there anything I can help with?".

Carl then replied " I don't think that it would make it any easy".

Rita then said "What do you mean?".

Carl replied " Well the thing is I told Kevin what happened at the mall and I told him that I kinda got jealous of James when he was holding your hand".

Rita then said "Wow you were jealous".

Carl replied "Yes you can make fun of me all you want".

Rita then said "Oh Carl I won't make fun of you in fact I think you look more cute when you are jealous".

Carl and Rita then reached home and Carl said " Hey Rita are you free after class tomorrow?".

Rita replied "Yes but why all of a sudden?".

Carl then said " How about tomorrow we hangout the whole day after class".
Rita then replied "Sure just let me know the time". Carl then called Kevin and said " Kevin I think I really do have feelings for Rita".

Kvin then replied "That's great news Carl I am so happy for you now just go and tell her that you lime her".

Carl said "I wish that it was this easy Kevin". Kevin then replied " What are you talking about?".

Carl then said "I don't know how to express my feelings towards her and I am sacred if I say anything wrong she will hate me".

Kevin then said "Relax stop over thinking everything. All you need to do is calm down".

Carl then said "I think you are right. So now tell me what I need to do".

Next morning Thursday, Carl and Kevin walked to school and discussed on what Carl needs to do to tell Rita about his feelings towards her. As they reached school, Rita was waiting for Carl.

Carl said "Good morning Rita". Rita replied "Good morning Carl".

Carl then said "Why are you waiting near the gate?".

Rita replied " I wanted to tell you that the coach said that there will be a practice session for track and field today after class".

Carl with a disappointed face said        "Then I think we won't be able to hangout today after class then right".

Rita replied "I guess I will see you at practice then".

Kevin said "Dam it why did they have to schedule the practice today. I mean we already planned everything and at the last minute and now everything is ruined".

Carl then said "Its ok Kevin let it go if not today then tomorrow we will hangout. After class, Carl and Rita went to the field and started to warm up.

Rita then said "I am so sad that we could not hangout today".

Carl then replied " Well if not today them I think maybe tomorrow we can hangout together".

Rita said "Well if tomorrow there is no practice then we can hangout together the whole day".

Carl and Rita then started to train and after the practice, the coach said "Today's practice was all about getting all of you to be well prepared for the upcoming interstate track and field competition. I will later post the candidates list who will be joining the interstate track and field competition".

Carl and Rita then walked back home together.

Rita then said "So are we still going to hangout tomorrow or not because from the looks of it you are very tired".