Chapter Six

Rita said "What if I said yes?". I then replied "Well if this was a date I would just go with it and besides what I got to lose if I date".

Rita then said "And what if I said no?". I then replied "I would just act normal". Rita then said "I see".

I then replied jokingly "If you really do want to go on a date I wouldn't mind". Rita then replied "Are you sure you want to go on a date with me?".

I then replied laughing "If you couldn't find a boyfriend maybe I would consider". Rita then replied "How about we do another bet".

I replied "What bet?". Rita said "In a week,if we found dates for ourselves we will go on a double date. Deal?".

I replied "Deal but what if we couldn't find our dates?". Rita then replied "If we couldn't find ourselves dates then we will date each other. Deal?".

I then replied "Alright in that case I have to save up all my money". Rita then asked "What for ?".

I replied jokingly "Well if we had to go on a date I know that all my money is going to be spent". Rita asked "How so?".

I said "Because of you drinking coffee". Rita then punch my arm and said "Hey I won't do that,by the way that was actually funny". After coffee we headed home.

We chatted all the way until we reached Rita's house.

Rita opened the door and was about to head in inside when Rita asked "Carl if you don't mind can I get a hug from you?".

I replied "Um...sure". I then hugged Rita and said "See you at school tomorrow".

I was abut shocked when Rita said she wanted to hug me but it felt pretty good. I think about it that much and went back home.

As I was walking back home,I saw James coming the opposite way. I ignored him but stepped in front of me.

I asked "What do you want now James". James replied "Nothing I just wanted to talk to you about Rita".

I then asked "What do you want with Rita James?". James then said "I want to get to know Rita much better and want to be friends with her and maybe more than just a friend".

I replied "James Rita is out of your league and she won't even notice you at all.

James then said "Well in that case I should attract her attention by simply forcing her to kiss me and you wont be able to do anything".

I got angry and grabbed James by his shirt and said "If you ever touch her I will rip your head off and hang it on top of the pole".

James then said "Why is she your girlfriend and that's why your behaving like your Rita's boyfriend".

I let go of his shirt and walked away from James. I reached home and went straight to bed.

Rita had called Kevin when I dropped her at her house. Rita said "Kevin the plan worked he totally bet on it".

Kevin said good and now we can focus on the next plan".

The next morning,I got ready for school but couldn't stop thinking about what James said yesterday.

Rita and I were walking to school when Rita noticed my face that I looked worried. Rita asked "Hey Carl what the matter?. Is everything alright?.

I then replied "Yeah everything is fine". Rita then asked "Then why do you looked worried".

I then replied "Worrying about yesterday's bet". Rita then laughed and said "Oh yeah right it is going to be challenging for you".

I asked "How so?". Rita said "Because none of the girls in the classroom are your type"?.

I then replied "Yeah but don't count me out yet". We reached school and the first person I see at the gates was James.

James walked in front of Rita and said "Hello Rita. Its nice to see you today". Rita said "Why thank you James".

James then said "Shall we go to class?". Rita replied "Of course let's go".

James and Rita walked to class while I just stood there and watched.

I asked myself "What is wrong with you Carl?". As I entered the classroom,I saw James flirting with Rita and for some reason I got jealous.

I then tried to calm myself down and sat at my table.

The lesson started and I tried to focus in class but the thought of James trying to flirt with Rita kept distracting me.

It was recess and Rita and I were heading to the cafeteria when from out of nowhere James came.

We sat at the table while James sat in the middle so he can flirt with Rita again. Then my class assistant monitor, Makayla came to me for some help and when I turned around I saw Rita's face. Rita was jealous. I took the opportunity.

I said "Sure I would love to help you out". Makayla replied "Thank you so much. Can you follow me to the science lab?".

I said "Sure let's go". As I left the cafeteria Rita looked so jealous and I saw James with his jaw open.

Makayla is a sweet person and she was pretty with dark black hair,her eyes were blue color,and she was admired by a lot of the the boys in school but she could be your friend or your enemy.

I followed Makayla to the science lab. Makayla said "Help me carry these papers.

I then said "Sure anything else". Makayla replied "No that's all".

While we carried the papers,I and Makayla were chatting with each other and I asked "Makayla if you don't mind me asking but are you free this Saturday night".
Makayla replied "Why you want to take me to a date is it".

I replied "Maybe" and the look on Makayla's face was like she was going to kill me but then Makayla said "Alright".

"I'll go on date with you this Saturday night". I was happy and couldn't wait to tell Rita about Makayla coming with me.

As school had finished, I saw Rita waiting outside the gate. I tapped Rita's shoulder and said "Shall we go ?".

Rita replied "Sure". As we walked and I was taking a sip from my water bottle when Rita said "Carl I found a date".

I then asked "Who is it" and took another sip from the water bottle when Rita said "It is James".

I spit the water out of my mouth and said "Who?".

Rita said "James is my date this Saturday night". I then said "Congrats".

Rita then asked "So who is going to be your date this Saturday".