Chapter Ten

Carl replied "Yes i am fine I was just taken back a bit".

Kevin then said "You have to make sure that you control yourself and I don't want anything happening to you".

Carl shook is head and then both of them headed to the classroom. The moment when Carl entered the classroom,Carl stopped and just stared at Fionna. Carl was so mesmerize when he saw Fionna and Fionna remembered Carl as well. Carl then started a conversation with Fionna and Kevin and Rita just stared at the both of them.

Rita then said jealously "Who the hell is she?".

Kevin then replied "That is Fionna that Carl used to love and I am starting to think that this is not going to end well".

After school ended,Carl and Kevin were walking back home when all of a sudden Fionna,Makayla and Rita caught up from behind. Kevin and Carl looked shocked and Kevin said "I guess you are on your own".

Kevin then left Carl alone with the the of them

"Carl then asked the three of them "What do you want?".

Fionna said "Carl I was wrong for leaving you and not accepting your love and now I regret my decision".

Makayla then said "Carl I have had a crush on you since primary school and I don't regret my decision of loving you".

Rita said "Carl all I want  to say is that it is your choice and you have every right to choose who you love and who you hate and I also want to say I am sorry for causing you problem and I hope that we can remain friends".

Rita then left with tears and went to Kevin. Carl just looked at Rita hopelessly as she drifted away from him.

When Rita reached to Kevin Rita said "Thank you so much for all the help and support that you have given me and I won"t forgot about this".

Kevin then replied "You know something Rita, even though Carl didn't confess to you about his feelings but at the end of the day it showed that your love for Carl is true".

Rita then said "Maybe not everyone deserves a happy ending for their first love".

As Rita continued to talk to Kevin in tears,Carl was standing in a corner and listening to the conversation. Carl felt really bad and realize that he was making the same mistake that Fionna made.

During the summer holiday,Fionna and Makayla were always waiting for Carl because they wanted Carl to love them. Every single day he would me them except Rita.

One day Carl called Kevin and asked "Hey Kevin did you hear anything from Rita?".

Kevin then replied "Yes Rita told me that she got a job at  nearby coffee shop since there is nothing to do during this summer holiday. Wait she didn't told this to you?".

Carl then said "No she didn't ever since the last time I met  her before the summer break".

Kevin then said "Carl the thing is that you don't realize how much Rita loves you and I am pretty sure that you won't find anyone else like Rita because for yo she joined the track and field team so that she can be closer with you, she wanted to take you out on a date and and manage everything by herself and she didn't wanted you to know all of this because she was scared that she might hurt you or make you worried".

Carl then said "Kevin I do realize my mistake and I am ready to make it up to her but I guess that she won't listen to me since i told her i cannot love her".

Kevin then replied "Are you sure that Rita won't accept your apology?".

Carl said "I think so that she won't accept".

Kevin then replied "That means you have to do something that is over the top and that can impress her".

Carl then said "Kevin I have an idea and I need your help".

The next day Carl went to the coffee shop where Rita was working. As Carl went inside the coffee shop,he took a seat  and Rita came and serve Carl.

Rita said  "Hi welcome what would you like to order" and Rita was shocked to see Carl sitting there. Carl replied "How are you doing Rita?".

Rita said "I am doing good so far and how about you Carl?".

Carl then replied "I am also doing good as well".

Rita said "Would you like to order anything?".

Carl replied "I just came to say that I am sorry for hurting you and saying that i could not love you and now I have realize my mistake Rita and now I am here to express my feelings for you".

Rita then said "I am sorry Carl but I am working right now I cannot simply linger around".

Carl replied "Please Rita only for a few minutes".

Rita then said if you order something then maybe I can do something".

Carl replied "I will have a cappuccino".

Rita then took Carl's order and went to the cashier to notify the new order. When Rita came back with the cappuccino,Rita put the cappuccino on the table and took a seat beside Carl.

Carl said "Rita I just want to say that I am not very expressive about my feelings but now one thing I can assure you that I am in love with you".

Carl then stood on one knee and took out a ring from his pocket and said "Rita,I really love you and I cannot imagine someone else in my life and now I hold this ring in front of you and ask you this,will you marry me and be my wife for the rest of my life?".

Rita was then in tears and said "Yes Carl I do and I will marry you and stay with you forever".

Carl and Rita stated to hug each other and everyone in the coffee shop started to clap for them.

Carl then told Rita "Rita everyone deserves a happy ending when they have their first love and you really do deserve this happiness and not sadness at all".

All good stories have an happy ending.