Chapter Seven

I replied "Makayla is going to be my date this Saturday".

Rita then said "Hmm interesting that Makayla even agreed to go on a date with you". I then replied "Why are you getting jealous?".

Rita then said "Me,jealous in your dreams and why would I be jealous of you and Makayla".

I replied "Are you sure?". Rita then kept quiet until we reached home.

I said "So another five days remain before our double date". Rita then replied "Yeah but we can't hang out with each other".

I asked "Why". Rita replied "So we can focus on our dates".

I replied "Alright" and I went home.

At Kevin's house,Kevin was busy with school work when he got a call from Makayla. Kevin picked up his phone and said "Hello Makayla".

Makayla replied "Hi Kevin can I talk to you about Carl?". Kevin replied nervously "What do you want to talk about Carl?".

Makayla replied "Actually Carl wants to take me on a date this Saturday and I don't know I am nevorus and I was hoping that could help me?".

Kevin replied "Alright I'll help you" and ended the call. Kevin then quickly called Rita about Makayla.

Rita answered the phone and said "Hi Kevin how are you?".

Kevin replied "Not so great because I found out that Carl is taking Makayla to a date this Saturday".

Rita then said "Yeah I was going to tell you about it but I didn't have the time". Kevin replied "You should have told me earlier because Makayla called me and asked me to help her".

Rita gasp. Rita then said "What are we going to do now?". Kevin replied "We are in deep trouble now".

Rita said cluelessly "What do you mean by we are in deep trouble".

Kevin replied "Because Makayla used to have a crush on Carl and knows everything about Carl".

Rita said "If she knows Carl very well then why does she needs help from you?".

Kevin replied "I don't know but even I don't know what to do I can't be helping you two to get Carl to like you two hell I don't even know what I am going to do tomorrow".

Rita said "Alright calm down we'll discuss this in the morning at school and see what we can do about it".

Kevin and Rita hung up the call while they confuse.

The next Tuesday morning,I started to walk to school without Rita. As I was walking,

Rita caught up to me and tap me on my shoulder and said "Couldn't wait for me?". I replied "I thought we weren't going to hang out until Saturday".

Rita said "We can hang out just for five minutes or so". I said "Doing anything interesting after school?". Rita replied "Yes actually. James and I are going to the mall later".

I said "Alright but make sure you don't waste his money on coffees". Rita replied "You are so mean". I said "I am sorry".

When we reached school,we want our separate ways and focused in class. During recess,I and Rita sat in front of each other and few minutes later,Makayla and James joined us.

Makayla sat beside me and James sat beside Rita. James then said to Rita "Hey why don't we all go out together after school maybe go watch a movie or something?".

Makayla replied "That sounds nice. Maybe we should go watch a movie after school don't you think Carl?".

I replied "Yeah sure we should go see a movie after school but sure don't be late".

After recess,we headed back to out classroom when James said to Rita and Makayla "Maybe you ladies should go first".

Just as Rita and Makayla left, James said "You should listen to me very carefully, when we go to the movies,I will be holding Rita's hand in my hand".

I replied "Why are you telling me this?".

James said "Because I know that you be jealous like that day when I talked to you about Rita. Remember".

I replied "Don't try do do any funny business with Rita or else I will put you in the hospital for months".

James said "Oh we will see about that".

James then left and I started to think that do I really have feelings for Rita. Was I jealous because I like Rita?.

All of this question was running in my head that made me doubt about mine and Rita's friendship.

I try to get the doubts out of my mind and focus in class. Around afternoon, school was over and I and Makayla waited for James and Rita.

As we waited Rita asked "Hey Carl,why didn't Kevin came to school today?".

I replied "He isn't feeling very well today".

As we were about to go,James and Rita showed up and we went to the cinema.

Rita said "Carl I and Makayla are going to look around the mall while you and James go and get the tickets first".

I and James went to the counter and bought tickets for all four of us.

As we walked,James slowly said "This is going to be the best day of my life". I replied "Stop or else you are going to get it".

James said"You don't know the half of it. After the movie,I'll take Rita to my home".

I tried to calm myself down but kept thinking about the things James said to me.

A short while later,Rita and Makayla came back and and we went into the cinema.

A few hours later,the movie ended and we were heading home. Makayla's house was near the mall so I,Rita and James dropped Makayla to her house first.

Makayla said "Thank you Carl for the movie" and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Rita saw Makayla giving me a kiss on the cheek and I saw her furious and jealous. Rita turned around and started walking.

I said "See you in school Makayla"and quickly tried to catch up with Rita.

As I caught up with Rita,James said"Carl you can go back home". I asked "Why"?.

James replied "Because Rita is going to stay with me for a while". I walked back without asking any questions