Chapter Three

A few years past since Fionna left and I was in secondary five. I thought that is it the first day of school and what's the worst that could happen.

But it was like history repeating itself. When me and my classmate were waiting for the teacher to arrive,the teacher came with a new female student.

I thought maybe it could have been a mistake but then again,it wasn't. The teacher said "This is Rita Shane. Her parents just moved here from Australia. She will be in this class,so everyone be nice to her". I didn't introduce myself to her.

All of my classmates were busy introducing themselves to Rita. I just sat there and took out a book to read.

I then noticed that Rita was walking straight to me. I didn't know what to do but at the exact time,the teacher called me to carry some books to her desk.

I quickly went and carried the books and was out of the class. I was so happy that I was out of the class.

After recess,I went to class with my friends and were talking about a science project which was due in a week.

Which then Rita bumped into me and I said sorry and continued to discuss about the project. Rita was looking at me like I am so arrogant.

The worst part is that I didn't know that Rita asked a few of my friends about my behavior.

Around noon school had ended and I was walking back home when I realize that Rita was following me.

I then ran away from there and Rita had no idea what happened and I can run fast because I am a runner for the school track and field team as well so I had an advantage.

As soon as I got home,I went to my room and started to work on the project and then I got a call from the teacher that I need to take some notes to hand around my classmates.

I went back to school and I went to the lab when unexpectedly,Rita was sitting talking to the teacher.

I knocked the door and said "Excuse me ma'am,you wanted me to pick up some notes to be handed to the class for tomorrow?". The teacher gave me the notes and I left the lab without looking back.

As I was about to walk back home,Rita came running and stood right in front of me. Rita then said "Why are you not talking to me?".

I then replied "I have a lot of work to do that's why". I continued to walk back.

Rita then came and stood right in front of me again and said "Why do I fell like your friend are lying to me about you".

I then replied "Like what" and I continued walking. Rita then said that "You are kind and caring and like to help everyone in class when they need help".

I kept quiet and continued to walk. Rita the said "Can't you just talk to me for a little while?". I then said "Sorry but I need to finish the science project which is important to me".

I then continued to walk but Rita stood beside my house. I went to my room and started the project.

As I was just was about to finish the project,Kevin,my best friend called saying that he has a few friends coming at his place. I then said "Alright then I will be there as soon as I can".

I took a shower and got ready in no time and told my mother that I will be coming back late.

Ten minutes later I was there and Kevin welcomed me. What I didn't know was that there is another twist.

As soon as I entered,everyone shouted my name "Carl" with joy. As everyone was coming near me, I suddenly saw Rita,but I didn't pay much attention to Rita.

I then headed to the kitchen to be alone for a while but that didn't stayed for long as Rita came to the kitchen as well. So much to be alone.

Rita then asked "Looks like you are pretty famous in school right?".

I then replied "When I help them,they will do the same to me as well. Look I am sorry the way I treated you earlier today I didn't mean to but I was stressed about the project".

Rita then said "I know your friend Kevin told me anything. I know there's no need to hide it anymore. I know how it feels like when the person you love leaves you forever".

Rita was about to cry when I pretended to fall down to make Rita laugh a little.

Rita then started to laugh and it actually made me happy. I then said "Rita,have you ever done something ridiculous in your life before?".

Rita then said "Yes I have and what I did was I tried to prank my teacher but before the prank happened,I got caught but luckily I was let off with a warning".

I then replied "Wow I am speechless literally".
From there a good friendship started and we would sometimes hangout with a few friends or just the two of us.

Everything was going fine the way I always wanted.

Me and Rita were becoming like best friends but I felt like that Rita didn't like me as a friend but more then a friend.

I didn't pay to much attention about it. One day,Rita was sick and after school,I and Kevin went to Rita's house to visit her and brought a few flowers and a get well soon card.

A few minutes later,we were standing in front of Rita's house and I rang the doorbell. Rita's mother opened the door and I said "Hello Mrs Shane,we are Rita's friend and we heard that she is unwell".