13

Pushing the door open, I stumble out of the bathroom. No amount of brushing would make the taste of alcohol go away, and no amount of Panadol would make my headache disappear either. 

"Valencia." Dani yells from the kitchen. "Are you ready or what?"

I grudgingly walk to the kitchen and get myself a piece of toast from several that Dani has made for breakfast.

"Hey that's mine!" He says, snatching it from my hand. 

"Go away." I mutter as I grab another one.

I managed to avoid him all through last night, and even more once Catherine dropped us off back at the apartment, delving straight to sleep.

"You didn't drink half as much as me." Dani rolls his eyes. "Why the hell do you have a hangover?"

"Dani, I don't want anything to do with you right now." I snap.

He grins. "Does that mean not driving me to the hospital?"

I shove the bread in my mouth and take a gulp of bottled orange juice. "Shut up."

"Anyways, I was just going to tell you that your leftover makeup makes you look like a panda." He shrugs and hands me a napkin.

"How thoughtful." I mutter. I take it from him and wipe the skin beneath my eyes. Sure enough, it come back stained with black smudges.

"Don't want you embrassing me."

"I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, Mr. I-dont-rememeber-anything."

He gets up and places his empty plates in the sink. "Blame my brain." he says. "And for that," he smiles sweetly. "You can clean up all the dishes."

"Make your girlfriend do all the work." I say without thinking. 

Then suddenly, I freeze. Shit.

"I'm sorry I said that." I say abruptly. "Didn't mean it."

"Doesn't matter." He says, running a hand through his hair. He bites his lip, as if he wants to say something. "Look, no offense, but I don't consider you anything right now."

The temperature in the room rises by fifty degrees almost immediately.

Did I expect anything more?

It was of no use. I shouldn't be getting my hopes up anyways.

"Right." I gulp. I get up too, brushing the crumbs off my hand.

Should I have been angry? Upset?

Because I didn't know what to feel.

It's wasn't his fault and I didn't blame him, but I couldn't get the image of him dancing with that stupid bimbo out of my head. 

To him, I was just another girl.

"Not that I care or anything," he snaps me out of my thoughts. "But if you don't hurry your sweet ass up, we're going to be late."

He glaces at the clock. "On second thought, take your time."

No thank you, I thought as I put on my shoes and tied my hair into a low ponytail.

By the time I grabbed my bag, he was waiting for me next to the door.

Downstairs, Nate met us by his car. He was dressed in his office attire, and didn't cast us a second glace as we climbed in. 

"You know the state of traffic in this city." He greets us. "Why are you so late?"

"She has a hangover." Says Dani, pointing at me.