-

2nd update :) make sure to read the one before this!

"I want you to hate me." He whispered, a tear shining on the corner of his eye.

"Will that make things better?" She crossed her arms.

"Yes."

"No." She shook her head in refusal. She was stubborn, and strong, and now she needed to step up for both of them. She needed to step up for him.

She realized that all his yelling, his drunken mistakes and the uncaring attitude had been on purpose. And it was slowly killing him, just like it'd been killing her.

But what didn't kill you made you stronger, I guess.

She moved a step closer to him. "The doctor says--"

"Screw what the doctor says." He snapped. "I know I'm dying."

"You're not going to die." She crossed her arms. Now, she was mad. "And if you do, don't die a vain man, Luc." She put a protective hand around her belly. "I'm carrying your child. Does that even mean anything to you?!"

"Of course it does!" He screwed up his face in a frown. "I want to live. For Nate, for our second child, but Amelia--"

"For once." She took another step towards him, then another, and another until she was staring into his eyes from a space thinner than a razor's edge. "For once, say something positive. I didn't marry you so you could die."

"You shouldn't have married me at all." He bit back. Even now, with dark circles under his eyes and sunken cheekbones, he was still the handsome man she had fallen in love with four years ago. Nothing had changed. "You knew what you were getting into." A tear dropped down his cheek. "Why?" He whispered. 

"Because I love you." She answered in a steady voice. She reached up and caressed his cheek.

He took her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I never want my child to go through what I'm going through." He guided their hands to her stomach. "I would never want him to suffer such pain or be disappointed. Love and leave someone, just because he couldnt handle giving them the pain."

She reached forward and touched her forehead to his. "We'll get through this, together."

He let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding in. His stomach was churning like he wanted to throw up, and his head was pounding just as fast as his heart.

"I hope you know I love you just as much as you love me."

"I do." A small smile broke out onto her face.

She looked into his eyes, a slate gray that resembled the moon. She didn't know it then, but her son would soon resemble these eyes, and it would always remind her of the love she held for him.

"Mommy!" Came a voice from the other room. The sound of running footsteps reached her ears, and a moment later, their son was standing in the doorway in his pyjamas, sucking on his thumb. 

"Couldn't sleep?" Asked Luc, picking up the little boy in his arms.

"No," said the boy. "Can I sleep with you instead?"

"Of course." He said, kissing him on the cheek.

Both the boys got into bed and she chuckled softly. Her husband was so whipped when it came to the both of them.

She slid into bed with them, pulling the blankets up her shoulder.

"I love you guys," she said sleepily.

"Love you, mommy." Replied Nate.

The light of the lamp was switched off and the boys eyes begin to drift to sleep.

She turned to her husband and smiled. "Goodnight." She said.

"Te amo, querida." He whispered back.

And that was the last thing he ever said.