20

"Thought it would never be over." Dani sighs as he flops on the bed. My bed to be specific.

"Dude, get off!" I throw my pillow on him but he catches it with ease.

Besides him, Mason laughs as Dani tickles him.

"You have your own room, Dani." Gabriella huffs. But she's distracted by her phone, no doubt trying to call either Nate or her parents.

"I'm just waiting for your driver to pick you two up." Says Dani. He picks up Mason and places him on his stomach. Mason crawls forward and touches his nose.

"This little guy is really growing on me." He continues.

We had just arrived at the hotel an hour ago, and everyone was really tired. Gabriella's parents had called her, saying they would send over a driver to their new address.

Apparently taxis aren't how they roll.

I turn to Mason, who's cuddling with Dani. He sends me a lazy smile and I climb on the bed and grab Mason's little hand in mine.

Poor Mason - he's never been this far from his dad. Ever.

Gabriella's face says it all. She hasn't spoken to Nate, hasn't worked it out yet.

I just hoped they sort it out. If not for their sake, then for Mason's.

I bite my lip. If I could just get these two to talk...

Maybe I could. Talk to Nate, that is.

Somebody knocks softly on the door.

"Come in." I call.

A waiter appears, dressed immaculately with a folder in his hands. "Your car is here, miss." He says to Gabriella.

Gabriella's eyes light up a little.

"We'll be on our way." She says.

The waiter turns to me and Dani. "Would you like anything else? Lunch, perhaps?"

I shake my head. "I'll come down for lunch." I turn to Dani. "What about you?"

He picks up Mason. "Same." He says.

Gabriella picks up her bags, and hauls them out in the corridor.

"Shouldn't you at least have lunch first?" I ask.

"No, I'm not hungry." She says. "Besides, I don't wanna keep my parents waiting."

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Mason whines. "And when is daddy coming? You promised--"

"I... I didn't exactly promise." Gabriella huffs. "And it's only a fifteen minute drive to your grandparent's house, Mason. I'll get you something from--"

"Mommy." Cuts Mason.

I smile at him before going back to the room and grabbing 2 snickers from the cabinet.

"Here." I say, handing it to him.

He takes them from me gratefully, and almost immediately starts trying to open one.

We take the elevator down to the Ground floor, the one that's next to than entrance.

My dad's wife, Evie, has done a wonderful job as the designer. The walls are a soft pastel, and the whole place has a certain air to it. It's elegant and classy at the same time.

The receptionist smiles at us before turning to a family who are renting the hotel for a night.

It's not exactly busy, since Christmas is over, but I see more people enter and leave then I ever had before.