Chapted 3 Relief

Debriefing started after dinner (which I missed due to my shocked yet totally face palming experience with my feelings) I mean c'mon Eden. You've only met him yesterday!

I open the double doors to the debriefing which I was already late. I hadn't notice everyone's eyes were on me  until I closed the door. I hadn't known the main doors were at the front if the chairs beside the whiteboard.

My eyes widen at this and I walk fast towards the wall opposite of James. A couple cat calls was called but I didn't bother looking at who...or in this situation them.

"Now i'm excited working with her." A boy no less than twenty joked. All the soldiers laughed. James though looks as if he were ready to punch this guy-NO off limits Eden! His badge said Slivko.

"Don't get your hopes up Slivko. I only date men not children." All the soldiers were now laughing at him while he sat deeper in his seat crossing his arms mumbling something. I mentally high five myself for my excellent comeback.

Focusing on the briefing now a few minutes had passed into it until I heard that they were going to bomb the island? Why would they need to do that?

"Why bombs?" James voiced my thoughts. Dammit that British womanizer.

"It's scientific bombs. They can help map the island's seismology." Houston replies. The bombs thing is still sketchy to me though, It just doesn't add up.

"You hear that boys? We're scientists now." Slivko saves face as he regains the attention panel. I wouldn't blame him though, he's just a kid who probably got drafted into the war so I just laughed along.

Another scientist looks very annoyed retorting "You are anything but scientists." While unpacking Mason had told me about him and his 'male dominance' ego. I rolled my eyes at that guy.

-------------

When debriefing was over we had all scattered outside for a good night's sleep. I had walked fast trying to avoid James or Mason since i've been avoiding their gazes. I know I overreacted.

"Eden!" Spoke to soon. I turned around and greeted back "Captain, how are you?"

"I don't know are you avoiding me?" He asked

"Pfft no! I would-I would like never pfft." I stutter explaining. Did I also mention I'm the worlds baddest liar?

"Oh really?" He folds his arms looking at me in disbelief.

"Yeah?-yeah" I nod unsure and sure and pretend to yawn nervous now. "I'm tired i'm heading to bed night!" I fast walk as fast as I can before he could catch up with me.

Mason! I thought. I couldn't even go to my own room seeing as i'm sharing it with my cousin the ex of my...crush? So I take left turns and right turns til I got lost and ended up to where the crates are.

I hid behind one of the crates sitting down just thinking. Not about James and Mason anymore but my mother. She had passed away serving in WWI. One of the few female heroes. I got her wedding ring out my finger and twirled it reading the initials of my parents engraved M.Ren & T.W forever (A.K.A. Mila Ren and Tom Weaver forever)

My head shot up when I heard hushed whispers. I listened in more curious. And here's the kicker. It's James and Mason.

I stood up making my presence known having enough "Guys If you want to rekindle the flame or whatever make up sex you'll have go to a more private place."

"What?" They both said confused.

"We were just arguing..." Mason explained

"About her camera I almost broke this evening. That's how we met. With her pissed of and me defending that I tripped." James finished.

Oh my Odin

"Wait-you thought we were a couple?" Mason laughed.

"Whoops?"