Chapter 9 Confessions

"Hey Eden wake up" A voice woke me up. That person was shaking me so I put my hands up saying "Yeah, I'm awake."

When my eyes had adjusted to the light I greeted the person who woke me up "Morning Mason." I looked around seeing i'm still in the place I fell asleep in last night. My camera was beside me and my wooden crutches were leaning on the wall but only one thing was out of place. There was no blanket when I fell asleep.

"Morning cuz. Here-" Mason gave me some fruit "-get energized. C'mon we're leaving in a bit." She began walking away out of the straw hut but I stopped her asking "Were you the one who put a blanket on me last night?"

She looked at me confused shaking her head no before walking away probably to get ready. Now I was the one with the confused face. What if-No Eden he didn't. You're just having a school girl crush. A massive one. I laughed out loud at my funny thought before shaking it off ignoring it and coming back to reality.

-------------

I got out of the straw hut. My camera hanging on my neck and my crutches both holding up my body. My ankle still hurts but withe the heavy lifting from yesterday the pain was extreme. I gritted my teeth helping myself into the boat first. Time is crucial to our survival now. Better ask later than waste everyone's time now.

"Sleep well?" A voice questions. I looked at James who had just loaded some of Hank's stuff in.

"I did-" I nodded "-but a strange thing happened though. A blanket was mysteriously placed on me. I must've forgot I placed it." I shrugged.

"I-um-It was me. I was coming in to check on you but you were asleep and looked cold so I-um placed it on you." He began to blush. "Sorry if I-"

"-No James." I placed my hand on his smiling gratefully "Thank you." The moment was cut short when a painful hiss came from my mouth. His face was masked with worry and immediately rushed to my side. "My ankle. It hurts."

"Wait here." He ran out. Seconds later he ran back in this time with the first aid kit hanging from his shoulders. "Here-" It hurt even more when his hands touched my foot. I gripped the side of the boat in pain closing my eyes. He began treating it removing the cloth and wrapping it again with a new piece of white clean cloth. He looked up to me and with seeing my painful petrified face he smiled in reassurance before going back to my sprained (and now probably broken) ankle. How does he know how to do that? Oh right. He's a captain...well a decommissioned one but it probably came with the training.

Soon enough everyone was in the boat. My cousin, Slivko and San asked what was wrong seeing me on the chair with my leg on James' lap and him still wrapping my ankle. This was it, we were finally leaving. We all rejoiced-except for Hank. He looked out into the edge of the boat where the village people were and said goodbye. They didn't knew what he was saying but by he looks of their faces they knew the message. Mason was still taking pictures, Nieves (the annoying scientist) was rolling his eyes at Hank and the natives muttering how glad he was to leave, Slivko climbed up testing the radio, San and Houston were saying goodbye too waving goodbye while leaning on each other (a surprise to know that they were a couple but insisted they weren't), then you have James and I. He was done attending to my ankle and I was done hissing out the pain. We were starring at each other. Not a weird stare but a comforting one. This reminded me of last night when he opened up about his dad and me opening up about my mom.

"I have a confession to make..." He said getting closer.

"Me too." I replied getting closer too.